Atlanta area housing/job help

Looking for a little help finding housing in Atlanta for a Duke '07 grad.

I am living in Atlanta doing AmeriCorps VISTA. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, this is a year-long service opportunity (similar to Peace Corps, only domestic) dedicated to building capacities to eliminate poverty.

I work for Fugees Family, which is a pretty amazing organization. We serve refugee boys and girls through homework help, literacy enrichment, and recreational programs. All of our programming is based around soccer. You can check out our website at www.fugeesfamily.org. We've been featured in the NYT, the Today Show, and ESPN (you can find links to these articles/videos at http://www.fugeesfamily.org/events.html)

I am planning to stay with the Fugees for another year, and will be taking all sorts of odd jobs to make ends meet. I am looking for housing to start in August or September and would like to find something in a safe area at < $500 (the cheaper, the better.) If anyone knows of any basement apartments or in-law suite style apartments available, I would really appreciate the help. Am looking to be in the Decatur/Scottdale/Stone Mountain/Avondale Estates/Emory/Druid Hills areas as I have late hours and work in Clarkston (just outside the Perimiter NE of Decatur)

On a semi-related topic, I am looking for businesses/products that would like to pay me monthly to put an ad on my car. I drive upwards of 25,000 miles a year so this would be great publicity for the right group!

Any other suggestions for flexible (my work schedule varies week by week) part time work are appreciated!

thanks for your help DBR!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFencer View Post
    Looking for a little help finding housing in Atlanta for a Duke '07 grad.

I am living in Atlanta doing AmeriCorps VISTA. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, this is a year-long service opportunity (similar to Peace Corps, only domestic) dedicated to building capacities to eliminate poverty.

I work for Fugees Family, which is a pretty amazing organization. We serve refugee boys and girls through homework help, literacy enrichment, and recreational programs. All of our programming is based around soccer. You can check out our website at www.fugeesfamily.org. We've been featured in the NYT, the Today Show, and ESPN (you can find links to these articles/videos at http://www.fugeesfamily.org/events.html)

I am planning to stay with the Fugees for another year, and will be taking all sorts of odd jobs to make ends meet. I am looking for housing to start in August or September and would like to find something in a safe area at < $500 (the cheaper, the better.) If anyone knows of any basement apartments or in-law suite style apartments available, I would really appreciate the help. Am looking to be in the Decatur/Scottdale/Stone Mountain/Avondale Estates/Emory/Druid Hills areas as I have late hours and work in Clarkston (just outside the Perimiter NE of Decatur)

On a semi-related topic, I am looking for businesses/products that would like to pay me monthly to put an ad on my car. I drive upwards of 25,000 miles a year so this would be great publicity for the right group!

Any other suggestions for flexible (my work schedule varies week by week) part time work are appreciated!

thanks for your help DBR!
    Please PM me, as I will have a lot of odd jobs as we prepare for our move to Kentucky. My wife and I are Duke grads, so we would definitely be interested in some help. In regards to housing, I'll check the service fraternity here at Emory; you never know what's available!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFencer View Post

Do the Fugees have multiple teams? I seem to remember hearing about a big group in Columbus, GA? Maybe I just heard it wrong.

Thanks Lavabe!

The Fugees have several teams but all are based out of Clarkston (all the same club.) One of our teams did play at the Red Star Challenge in Columbus last December - so that may be it!

DukeFencer: You take your life in your hands when you fall under the influence of Lavabe

Good luck with the relocation to Atlanta.