Larry Brown to Stanford?

Larry Brown to Stanford?

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs...AT_LARRY_BROWN

I'm at a loss for words.

Well, no maybe not.

At least Lute won't look like the oldest coach in the PAC 10.

Maybe recruits can come see Larry while he is on vacation for their official visits.

I know today's recruits love being told they are stupid; parents of recruits love it too.

What would be Larry's expected tenure at this job? The over/under being somewhere around 20 months. Six years has been the longest stay in a 34 year career. He has exited 3 jobs in the last 5 years.

Well, Larry has resigned from the Sixers, so he is ready to go!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8...ns-as-76ers-VP

Sorry for the reply to my own post, but saw this line from Gary Parrish that I wanted to share:

The hottest speculation has Brown as a serious candidate at Stanford, but I'm told that's probably not a likely destination. Was Stanford interested? Of course. But taking a Pac-10 job at a school with strict academic standards wouldn't play to Brown's strengths.
    http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/mcc/bl...271764/7979984

Chortle.

Donnie loves Larry. Has for years. He returns to the Knicks; with Donnie behind him, it really is the best move that they could make. That and signing LeBron.

If the Spirit has any sense, they will dump woody and bk, and let Larry decide who stays and who goes on the Hawks, coach em up for a couple of years, and then that morribund franchise would actually have a future. The Spirit don't. Maybe Atlanta gets lucky and my boy Belkin wins the lawsuit.

I'm betting a nickle that Brown's next job is in the pros, not college. Hey, after Detroit loses again, maybe Dumars will rewrite history, say it wasn't Larry looking to move after all, and take him back.

Whchever team he goes to, it will be much better by the time he leaves, which will be two or three years tops.

Aside from Nellie and Carl, both of whom I think coach terribly exciting styles, Brown is the best hire a team that needs to improve dramatically can make.

Standford; I seriously doubt it.