Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "I Love Cold War Relics"

I thought this thread was about my mother in law.

(ba-dum-bump!)

Actually, I was going to post b/c of the reference to tunneling. We tunnelled a bunch on East but never could find a way into West. On East, though, you could get all the way down to the power station outside of the painted bridge on Campus Drive (or whatever the road was that ran b/t East and West). I recall going to the Duke Library to look at construction plans to find the West tunnels but had no luck. Can anyone confirm that there was indeed such a complex on West?
    Outstanding. We too made it to the power plant. We too wanted to get to West. We too failed to find any information about it or ever make it down there.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "I Love Cold War Relics"

I thought this thread was about my mother in law.

(ba-dum-bump!)

Actually, I was going to post b/c of the reference to tunneling. We tunnelled a bunch on East but never could find a way into West. On East, though, you could get all the way down to the power station outside of the painted bridge on Campus Drive (or whatever the road was that ran b/t East and West). I recall going to the Duke Library to look at construction plans to find the West tunnels but had no luck. Can anyone confirm that there was indeed such a complex on West?
    There was entrance on West to a tunnel after entering the old section of Duke Hospital at the top of main quad. That area was not well lighted and I never explored it very far so I cannot confirm how extensive the West tunnels are.

There is the rumor, of course, that there is a tunnel under campus drive connecting the two complexes, but like you and others, I never made it past the power station from the East campus side.

In reference to Wilson's original post, there is another very good movie from the same genre and era called Testament starring Jane Alexander.