Arcade Fire and Superchunk Free Gigs

According to Merge, the Arcade Fire and Superchunk will link up in early May for a pair of afternoon Obama Early Vote Rally performances: May 1 at Greensboro's Coliseum Complex Pavilion Parking Lot, and May 2 at Carrboro's Town Commons. Free tickets are required for the gigs, both of which begin at 2 p.m. More info can be found here. Biking, walking, car-pooling, and public transportation are encouraged!

05-01 Greensboro, NC - Coliseum Complex Pavilion Parking Lot
    05-02 Carrboro, NC - Town Commons

Who's in?

I am beyond excited... Bruce on Monday - Arcade Fire on Friday - best week ever?

I'm jealous. Arcade Fire is good stuff.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Just out of curiosity, why do they need to import a band from Montreal (arcade Fire) for Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why do they need to import a band from Montreal (arcade Fire) for Obama?
    I believe Merge Records is a North Carolina label, and Arcade Fire is probably their biggest act, or at least the biggest available.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    I believe Merge Records is a North Carolina label, and Arcade Fire is probably their biggest act, or at least the biggest available.
    That's very true - in fact the head of Merge records is the leader of Superchunk, the band sharing the bill for this event.

However, it doesn't explain it fully since Arcade Fire played a couple shows in Ohio in support of Obama as well...

I'll be going more for the show and less for the politics, but it's still very exciting to have a free arcade fire show just down the road from duke.