Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talladega

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    And if he wants two wussies, he can name them Dr. Quinn and Medicine Woman.

I think I'd rather see Cal Naughton, Jr., take the checkered for once.
    The Magic Man!

Now you see him, now you don't!
    I hope someone drives with a cougar in the car.

Smile TS has it rolling

Stewart is in pole position 2, so now's probably the time to pick Tony Stewart to win Dega. I'll go with Jr. in 2nd, and Nemechek (pole-winner) gets my longshot for third.

Boogety, boogety, boogety,
    Lavabe

Interesting to see Ken Schrader and Allmendinger near the front. I've already told my Ken Schrader story...

Can Denny Hamlin win on a Super Speedway? He's got a terrible record at Talladega, but I wanted to go with a non-Chevy driver, and while agreeing with Lavabe on Tony Stewart's Toyota would have accomplished that, I guess I just need to be out there on my own.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Interesting to see Ken Schrader and Allmendinger near the front. I've already told my Ken Schrader story...

Can Denny Hamlin win on a Super Speedway? He's got a terrible record at Talladega, but I wanted to go with a non-Chevy driver, and while agreeing with Lavabe on Tony Stewart's Toyota would have accomplished that, I guess I just need to be out there on my own.
    Hamlin is horrible at Dega, but it's a different year, with a much improved team. I would NOT dismiss him.

What on EARTH is going on with Gordon?

The guy that usually scares me is Edwards. I suppose the Dodge boys might do well, given their performance at Daytona. But the starting order is just plain old weird!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Wow, I'm having to work pretty hard in this draft. I thought it was supposed to make things easier!

Smile

Wow, I'm having to work pretty hard in this draft. I thought it was supposed to make things easeri!
    But look ... we're slowly catching DA, and she just caught a draft with that poster who's going off on Title IX!

Oh man ... waiting for that draft with DA!!

(1) JJ
    (2) Carl Edwards
    (3) Kyle Busch
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Only caught some snippets of the Nationwide race, actually picked up the broadcast while they were redflagged. Does Stewart getting his first win at 'Dega portend similar good fortune today?

Smile Petty starts today

Only caught some snippets of the Nationwide race, actually picked up the broadcast while they were redflagged. Does Stewart getting his first win at 'Dega portend similar good fortune today?
    I think Stewart's car is tough this week. I am shocked at the starting position of Stewart (2) vs. Jr (9), JJ (10), and Edwards (11). The Gibbs Toyotas start at 2, 5 (Kyle), and 7 (Hamlin).

I am also shocked that the other Kyle (Petty, that is) starts at 15, but Gordon is at 21. I wonder what the over/under is for the number of laps Petty completes.

Meanwhile, Mr. Judd broke his ankle in the Nationwide race yesterday.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Any one know the actual start time? Broadcast starts at 1 PM, but I hate having to sit through all the "stuff" at the beginning...

I'll take 110 laps for Kyle P...

I give Kyle Petty about 70 laps

Any one know the actual start time? Broadcast starts at 1 PM, but I hate having to sit through all the "stuff" at the beginning...

I'll take 110 laps for Kyle P...
    Green Flag is estimated at 221PM Eastern Time, according to an ESPN link.

You mean you don't like listening to Jaws wax poetically for 80 minutes?

I'll go over 110, but by lap 70, he'll be lapped 3 times.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Poetic wax...

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    You mean you don't like listening to Jaws wax poetically for 80 minutes?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Yeah, I'll pass...

im very upset I have to miss the race today. I am stuck in the library studying stuff a lot less exciting

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    im very upset I have to miss the race today. I am stuck in the library studying stuff a lot less exciting

Skip studying, anyone can study. Very few people can watch NASCAR.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    Beats grading a lot of stuff!!

No major issues so far, except that Kyle B. got p.o.'d about Hamlin in the draft.

Smoke!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

What, no one is in Snrubchat for the race?

Can someone explain to me how Jr went from 2nd to 18th? I swear all I did was blink, and he was in the middle of the pack. Course I'm not disappointed he isn't leading (wasn't that cool how he bump drafted Paul Menard into 1st?) I'd rather he was in the middle of the pack now, and in the lead at the end.

Red face Oy Vei

DANG ...

We have someone coming over to look at our house (as in maybe buy it), and we weren't prepared AT ALL for another two weeks.

Please fill me in on the race folks.

Ymo: I guess I'm pitting right now. Will catch up later to rejoin the draft.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

The Toyotas have been upfront much of the race, along with Jr. Not too many people out:Sorenson, Schrader and Edwards.

Oh, and can't Fox book anyone other than unemployed ex-Am Idol winners?

6-7 car wreck with about 16 to go. Tony Stewart got collected up in it.