Let the Nostalgia Threads Begin: Best Moments of 07-08

My Top 5
    5. Maryland Sweep
    4. Blasting Wisconsin 82-58.
    3. Maui Title
    2. Comeback against NC State to get #800 for K.
    1. 89-78.

2 most special moments

I must admit, I have a tie:

- 89-78

and

- 2nd Half vs. MD in College Park - 9 point halftime defecit? Captain Nelson to the rescue...

All of the above plus Bilas riding the surfboard.

kansas beating carolina

oh, and self winning the title WITH HIS OWN DADGUM PLAYERS

I gotta say being in Cameron watching us completely dismantle Wisconsin was pretty sweet. The crowd got LOUD that night.
    But nothing beat the night of the Carolina game, from the opening tip to getting to hang out with the players, to watching a guy jump directly in the path of a firehose and get knocked flying later in the night when the fire department cracked down on the bonfire. Just a crazy crazy night (and I even did well on the test I had the next morning)

Watching the crazies chuck their green shirts onto the court at halftime. It made me feel more secure about my illogical superstitions... also, hearing coach K praise us for doing so later on was pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    Watching the crazies chuck their green shirts onto the court at halftime. It made me feel more secure about my illogical superstitions... also, hearing coach K praise us for doing so later on was pretty funny
    Add in the fact that a lot of those shirts landed in recycling bins that were supposed to be part of some halftime game, and yeah... that was pretty dang hi-larious!

After the 89-78, being on West for everything that happened. It was just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    This was def my favorite part of the year behind 79-68. It was classic, and the fact that we came out a completely different team

Gerald Henderson saving my life in D.C. Hands down.

Had he not went the length of the court, I would have died. I really think so. When we were trailing Belmont with under 20 tics on the clock, with the entire nation grasping onto hope that the small Tennessee team could pull of the unthinkable, I was sicker than a dog, running back and forth between my television set and the bathroom. (Yes, I am insane.)

That full-court drive, even though it only prolonged our season one more game, was the best thing that possibly could have happened to our fan base last season. I don't think that shot has truly been put into its proper place in Duke lore--which, obviously, is due to the fact that we should NEVER have to celebrate a buzzer beating layup over a 15th seed. But, in the end, that shot saved Duke from a hurricane.

Like another poster said on this board just seconds after Gerald played hero, we should be kissing the kid's jockstrap all the way to next season. (I'm not being serious, it's just a figure of speech. Just in case someone thinks I really am that in debt to a college hoops player). But, Gerald really did save Duke from a hurricane. One that would still be drilling Durham with 4000 mile per hour winds today.

800!

Last few minutes of our comeback at NC State for K's 800.

If I recall, that was a 9am game for us west coasters and I would have been pissed if I got up early on a Saturday to watch us lose to a non-tourney team. Saved my weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post

Had he not went the length of the court, I would have died. I really think so. When we were trailing Belmont with under 20 tics on the clock, with the entire nation grasping onto hope that the small Tennessee team could pull of the unthinkable, I was sicker than a dog, running back and forth between my television set and the bathroom. (Yes, I am insane.)

That full-court drive, even though it only prolonged our season one more game, was the best thing that possibly could have happened to our fan base last season. I don't think that shot has truly been put into its proper place in Duke lore--which, obviously, is due to the fact that we should NEVER have to celebrate a buzzer beating layup over a 15th seed. But, in the end, that shot saved Duke from a hurricane.

Like another poster said on this board just seconds after Gerald played hero, we should be kissing the kid's jockstrap all the way to next season. (I'm not being serious, it's just a figure of speech. Just in case someone thinks I really am that in debt to a college hoops player). But, Gerald really did save Duke from a hurricane. One that would still be drilling Durham with 4000 mile per hour winds today.

I was there too, and he saved my life aswell. I never thought my heart could beat that fast.

Plays of the year

Paulus no look pass to Singler vs. NC State and Demarcus' reverse lay-up in OT vs. Pitt. And 1. Also, the game tieing 3 Paulus hit vs. NC State. The winner though obviously Henderson coast to coast.

The back to back three's by Paulus in the Wisconsin game. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post

I would agree with you completely, but I've fully blocked that game from my memory. What are you even talking about?

Also, Paulus TEARING APART Carolina. It would have been nice for Gerald to posterize Hanstravel, but having Paulus come up big may have been just as good... simply because, from what I can tell, they still hate Paulus more over at Chapel Hill!

Losing to Pitt? Beating a 15-seed by one? Wow, our standards really have declined.

Paulus fade away 3 vs. UNC right infront of the Duke bench.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Losing to Pitt? Beating a 15-seed by one? Wow, our standards really have declined.
    To be fair, you picked a highlight that didn't even include Duke. That's the saddest of all.

Beating Carolina

Oddly, my birthday was on Feb 6th, the same day we beat UNC. I was in NYC with a bunch of other Duke-grads at the Village Pourhouse enjoying free Bud Light and watching the game in a packed environment not unlike CIS. There were a couple of really obnoxious UNC fans sitting right in front of us, and with about 30 seconds left the whole bar was chanting "GTHC GTH, Eat Sh!t!" for about 2 minutes, after which some one yelled "Because you're a sh!t eater!"

One of the most satisfying birthday presents ever.