Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hansbrough to Enter Without Agent

and Lawson most likely is coming back.

Interesting that Danny Green may test as well.

No info on Ellington....

And Rice will return as well....surprised but good news for BC and the ACC as a whole.

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Ear...List-Analysis/

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'm actually surprised. I hope they all come back, they are more fun to beat when they are at their best.

This is what Roy said about what he thinks will happen, and the chance of him being wrong.

"I don't think I've ever been drastically surprised," Williams said. "I don't think I've ever been mildly surprised. In '05, we won on Monday, get back on Tuesday, on Wednesday night Sean [May] calls and had changed his mind. He had continually said all the way through that he was going to come back, so that was a little of a surprise until you sat back and thought about it -- [it] wasn't a big surprise."
    http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/unc/42-943807.cfm

That's a whole bunch of making no sense.

I'll believe it when there's more confirmation. How accurate is that source?

Very credible

The site isn't your average draft site....

http://www.draftexpress.com/aboutus.php

Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    The site isn't your average draft site....
    Which isn't saying much, in my opinion.

I am very impressed that Dukelion even knows about this site, but I'll believe the information when Hansbrough himself, and not just a source close to the situation, actually verifies this.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I am very impressed that Dukelion even knows about this site, but I'll believe the information when Hansbrough himself, and not just a source close to the situation, actually verifies this.
    Is the guy that runs Draft Express any more credible than he was when he was writing for Draftcity and got fired for trashing an agent?

IIRC, he was just a college kid at the time, and he took a bunch of shots at the guy that represented Kelenna Azuibuike, and arguably misread the situation completely (forgetting that Azuibuike's father was in a world of legal trouble, and needed cash).

Not saying he's necessarily wrong here, but a pretty website doesn't make this guy connected or a long time player in the NBA or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    Not saying he's necessarily wrong here, but a pretty website doesn't make this guy connected or a long time player in the NBA or anything.
    Also, this site isn't pretty.

I'm still floored that people (including Ellington himself) are/were thinking that Ellington would enter the draft.

Even if true, nothing matters until an agent is hired. A player could be 100% committed to returning to school and it would still be the sensible thing to declare and "test the waters" to learn about the draft process and the professional evaluations of his game before pulling out. Especially if he's a junior like Hansbrough or Green. Or a sophomore looking to leave in a year like perhaps Lawson or Ellington.

I'm rooting for Hans?

To do well at the Orlando camp. Yech. I feel so cheap. And when a lawyer says that, it means something.

I hope he does well enough to move up to #18 to get selected by the Washington and compete against Brenda - currently cast in these Wizards of Oz as the Cowardly Lion. No wait, he is the one with no heart. I get so confused.

I would rather he not play for the heels, because I always root for the heels to lose every game (except maybe against UCon) and the chances of the heels losing improve if they lose Hans. I am also so tired of hearing about Hans from every announcer (probably like heels got tired of hearing about Battier or Redick).

Look Roy, no Hans!

What is the down side?

What is the downside for any junior who wants to test the waters without an agent? It gives you the chance to see where your game is, where you might be taken and then to make an educated decision. I would think all juniors who have a legitimate NBA shot would take this route.

This still isn't being carried by anyone legitimate...

Lets take it with a grain of salt, k?

Actually...

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm actually surprised. I hope they all come back, they are more fun to beat when they are at their best.
    they will be damn hard to beat if they all come back, IMO. I hope they ALL go.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    they will be damn hard to beat if they all come back, IMO. I hope they ALL go.
    They will be hard to beat if they stay or if they all go

Quote Originally Posted by rtnorthrup View Post
    What is the downside for any junior who wants to test the waters without an agent? It gives you the chance to see where your game is, where you might be taken and then to make an educated decision. I would think all juniors who have a legitimate NBA shot would take this route.
    Exposure. Let's say Hans goes to the pre-draft camps and work with coaches and scouts who identify certain issues that can generally be fixed with coaching and work. Oh, let's say issues like not shuffling one's feet with the ball or not falling down so much on defense. If these issues are identified and before his senior season and not corrected, then the scouts have to question whether they can ever be fixed, making him more of a risk. If he waits until next year to go to the camps, the scouts will think their own team can fix the problems and his shortcomings won't damage his draft status as much..

Another potential downside is if he does not do well in the camps in individual match-ups and it starts a negative perception of Hans being limited. Then, his entire senior season is played with the pressure of demonstrating a face-up game or an outside shooting touch or a greater shot-blocking presence or whatever. However, demonstration of these facets of his game may not be in the best interests of the team, who needs him to continue with his junk around the hoop and flopping on D. His game suffers and the team suffers. I can't come up with a specific example off the top of my head, but I generally recall a couple of instances where this type of thing has happened. I suspect Arizona would have a few examples, maybe Miles Simon?

The biggest downside is that it would give the coaches and scouts twice the opportunity to get to know Hans and hate him!

Danny Green has no shot at the first round this year or next year. He'll be back.

Until I see or hear different from multiple sources, I fully expect UNC to return everybody and I expect them to be the crystal clear-cut favorite to take down the nets next year.

They didn't have much of an excuse not winning it all this year and they will have absolutely no excuses if they return everyone and don't win it all next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Devil View Post
    Danny Green has no shot at the first round this year or next year. He'll be back.
    Having no shot at the first round doesn't necessarily mean he's coming back. See "Randolph Shavlik" or "McRoberts, Josh". Boozer also was a 2nd rounder but at least he had a shot at the first round.

"I hope they all come back"

crazy talk