Justice is served, imo.

Thomas fired as Knicks' headcoach.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Thomas fired as Knicks' headcoach.
    Amen, and AMEN! This, btw, coming from someone who grew up in Detroit with Isiah as an idol.

What I don't understand is WHY THE HELL THE KNICKS ARE KEEPING HIM AROUND?!?

Isiah was a great, great basketball player. In my mind, the greatest "small man" ever to play the game. But, since leaving the NBA, he has:

1. Ran out his welcome in Detroit, where he once had practically a father-son relationship with owner Bill Davidson.
    2. Left Toronto on very bad terms after his tenure there.
    3. Got fired from the Pacers.
    4. Ran the CBA totally into the ground and left.
    5. Presided over the Knicks debacle over the last 4 years - 2 as just team president, then 2 as coach.
    6. Engaged in a long string of reprehensible personal behavior (witness the sexual harassment suit with the Knicks.)

Why is he still around? Does Knicks owner Dolan just want to give away money???

I just can't imagine how Isiah sticks around after everything he touches in his post-playing career goes straight to hell. Unbelievable. (Of course, I see this in the business world all the time too. So no huge surprise.)

I would have to agree. Where people got the idea that Thomas was great at leading basketball organizations outside of playing, I have not a clue.

CBA? My beloved Pacers? The Knicks? See a pattern?

I know there were some player personnel changes at the time but, when Isiah took over what Larry Bird had started in Indianapolis a few years back, the Pacers nearly went to hell. That stretch all but ended Reggie Miller's shot at a championship (my favorite professional basketball player of all-time).

It should be interesting to see who New York goes after, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    I would have to agree. Where people got the idea that Thomas was great at leading basketball organizations outside of playing, I have not a clue.

I know there were some player personnel changes at the time but, when Isiah took over what Larry Bird had started in Indianapolis a few years back, the Pacers nearly went to hell. That stretch all but ended Reggie Miller's shot at a championship (my favorite professional basketball player of all-time).

Maybe they can get Larry Brown?

Why is he still around? Does Knicks owner Dolan just want to give away money???
    I think it definitely has more to do with Donnie Walsh's odd fixation with Isiah. I know Walsh loved him when both were ahead of Pacer operations. Why? I don't know. Because Isiah ruined a good thing at Indiana, and Rick Carlisle had to come in and save it.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66
    Maybe they can get Larry Brown?
    Yeah, that'll save 'em

I think it definitely has more to do with Donnie Walsh's odd fixation with Isiah. I know Walsh loved him when both were ahead of Pacer operations. Why? I don't know. Because Isiah ruined a good thing at Indiana, and Rick Carlisle had to come in and save it.
    Yeah, the ACC always did have IT over the Big Ten!

Personally, I still can't understand how the sexual harrassment lawsuit wasn't the end of Isaiah in New York.

I mean I could be stretching here (sarcasm) but people usually lose their jobs when they sexually harrass their female co-workers. At least when it results in a $10 or $11 million tab and complete embarrassment to the franchise.

Yeah, the ACC always did have IT over the Big Ten!
    Nice jab Going back old school with that one.

As a Celtic fan it was a sad day when Thomas was fired.

they still owe him about 18 mil...

Top 3 per local sports talk shows: Mark Jackson, Jeff van Gundy (redux!) and Tom Thibedoux (spelling? - sorry). Herb Williams (current asst) also getting some play. Many think Jackson a good choice, but why set up a 1st time coach to fail with this roster, hence the latter 2 might make more sense at this time. Question is also whether Dolan would accept JVG since he essentially fired the team a few years ago.

Any would beat the predecessor!

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    Amen, and AMEN! This, btw, coming from someone who grew up in Detroit with Isiah as an idol.
    Then you MUST remember the phrase "OH I---S---aaa---IAH!!!!"

Actually, I think his really ugly divorce had a whole lot to do with his leaving the D. And the fact that Joe Dumars was truly a front office brilliant...without the ego.