Can't believe there's no Survivor thread...

I don't usually watch Survivor this season, but come on, y'all, that was hilarious! The best part was watching Eliza flip her biscuits on the jury bench. I have never seen anyone literally clutch their heart on that show before. I was worried she might pass out.

The editors also did a great job of showing the various reaction shots. You could just see the "Oh, @&*(*" expression spread across James's (I think) face as the votes started to turn. Definitely the best tribal council in a long, long time.

Jason misfired on this one

Jason "Eliza calling out Ozzy at tribal for having the idol will not affect the game at all, IMO" Evans

I knew Cirie was going to do something. Ozzie should have trusted his instincts and used the Idol last night. With Amanda, James and Erik now on the outs of Cirie's alliance it is not going to be as fun to watch. I do not like Jason at all and he will probably dominate the challenges once James and Erik are voted off which is going to be very soon.

That was an all-time great episode of Survivor. That's why the show is the best reality show out there.

The reactions at Tribal Council were priceless - almost as good as two seasons ago when Edgardo got voted out and he, Mookie and Alex all looked like they were nauseous.

There are so many things that could be discussed but really, how does Ozzy not know that he has to put the idol in play THIS week? If you want to read something interesting, read the EW column about this week's show which explains that this season of Survivor started filming before the James getting voted out with two idols episodes aired: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2019...aughing+now%3F

I am starting to think about the jury and how this could play out. I think the five women are going to go forward with their alliance. James is probably the next to go, and then Jason and then Erik. Amanda will be sitting pretty at that point and should push for that strategy. She hasn't alienated anyone on the jury yet, as opposed to Cirie and Parvati. Parvati has already alienated Ozzie, Eliza James and Amanda. Cirie is on the outs with Ozzie James and Amanda. Then it will come down to the five women, and I think Cirie Parvati Alexis Natalie and Amanda are going to be in a dogfight for 3 vs. 2. Parvati would have to screw two of the other four since she has an alliance with all of them. That makes her an attractive person to take to the final 3 and I see Alexis/Natalie and Cirie/Amanda fighting for Parvati as the swing vote.

Does anyone know what happens if the jury vote ends 3-3-1? Does the 1 have to vote for one of the other two?
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

question about the idol

is the idol still in play? i thought i heard Ozzy say that he was not even going to pack the idol. If he did not and someone else has it it can still be used, no

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonelson View Post
    is the idol still in play? i thought i heard Ozzy say that he was not even going to pack the idol. If he did not and someone else has it it can still be used, no
    Good question. Didn't he hide it somewhere? If so, the odds of someone finding it are slim.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonelson View Post
    I thought he said he might have to pack the idol and take it to tribal council last night. I thought he did have it, and then read the proceedings wrong and didn't use it. Dumb a**!

I was rooting hard for Ozzy, and for more than the obvious reason. I think he is one of the best competitors on Survivor, ever.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

A few thoughts-- sorry to be late on this.

First of all-- while I am sad to see Ozzy go because he was a great competitor, I like the fact that he got ousted in a week where he and several other folks pulled a really rude strategy of lying to Jason about not voting him out if it got them a mini-feast. That was scummy and underhanded and unnecessary deception, IMO. I am glad that Ozzy got backstabbed in a week where he was backstabbing someone he had given his word to.

Speaking of Jason and that "deal" he made with everyone-- he's a total idiot. After everyone agreed that they would not vote out Jason, he should have said, "Fine, if none of you are going to vote me out then Parvati should give up and you all should just let me have individual immunity anyway. It is not like Parvatti is in any danger of getting booted." Jason is a bozo.

Want to know another way that Jason is a bozo? He had information that could have let him get far in the game and he did not use it. He knew that Parvati and Cerie were plotting against Ozzy and he knew they needed his vote to make it work. He may have been glad because that meant that he would last another week but if he was really thinking about winning this thing he would have turned around and told Ozzy about the plot and gotten in good with Ozzy's group. In fact, he should have negotiated with Ozzy and James and gotten assurances from them (heck, maybe he should have asked for the idol) in exchange for his info. The pecking order has all the girls at the top and the guys at the bottom now. Jason is a guy. He still has no shot at going to the end. He needed to think about how to make an end-play, not just survive for one more week. I really think he had an opportunity and he blew it. I am a bit surprised that Mark Burnett did not have the producers suggest this to Jason as a final 3 of Ozzy, Jason, and James would be a huge ratings grabber as the "challenge stud" final 3 of all-time! It could have happened. Oh well.

One more thing-- Can anyone construct a scenario where Parvati wins a jury vote? Her turn against Ozzy and James was dumb because she is rapidly filing the jury with people who hate her. I'll say this for her-- everyone is going to want to bring Parvi to the end because she is so widely disliked. The player in great position right now is Amanda, who is liked on the jury and is clearly a hard-worked and seen as the strongest of the remaining women. If she can get to the final 3, then she wins it, for sure. I think Cirie is almost as hated as Parvi and no one sees her as a hard-worker or deserving winner. The jury is going to be filled with hard-working men who want to reward someone who did more than hide in the background. I am not sure how Alexis and Natalie are seen though I get a feeling that Alexis is working harder and strategizing more than Nat.

--Jason "I bet Ozzy has shown James or Amanda where the idol is hidden -- I wonder if one of them will try to claim it" Evans

Immunity Idol

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    "I bet Ozzy has shown James or Amanda where the idol is hidden -- I wonder if one of them will try to claim it"
    Didn't Ozzy walk out with the idol in his bag? I'm almost surprised he didn't throw it into the fire as he exited. THAT would have been good television.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Didn't Ozzy walk out with the idol in his bag? I'm almost surprised he didn't throw it into the fire as he exited. THAT would have been good television.
    I thought I heard or read somewhere that he left it back at camp. Though if he did, he's really dumb. If he had it with him at tribal while he watched the votes being read, I would hope he would secretly hand it to James so James could use it.

--Jason "leaving with it in his bag... strange move" Evans