Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding Plans

wedding plans

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Why? You wanna pay for it? Just show up and enjoy it!
    I would not even have mentioned it except for this thread and the opportunity to mention Sami's or Angelo's was just too easy then, not to mention some post-padding, too . Shoulda added a smilie or winkie, too .

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Thanks for the update, UD! Despite the stress, which I'm sure sucks on a daily level, you will one day look back on this year and remember what an amazing time of your life it was. So many possibilities, so many things to look forward to!

As for your three primary tasks, the DBR OT nation can likely help you with 2 of them (graduating? you're on your own... unless there's a subject area with which you're struggling.)

What's your area of interest for your next job? What area of the country will you be targetting? Need someone to review a resume?

For wedding planning, this could get fun! (It's a long offseason.) I sense polls on what's better, chocolate cake vs. lemon/raspberry-filled; which dress (she might have to post that poll); top 5 songs that should be banned from the reception; best wedding favors ever received. You get kudos from the future Mrs. UgaDevil for taking an active interest, and we get entertaining threads.
    1. Graduating shouldn't be too difficult. After this semester, I've got 9 hours to take during the summer. One upper level Speech Communication class, one general elective, and then an independent study where I'll take a trip to Maine & Boston. I might need help on the last one for fun things to do in Boston and a good way to get tickets to a Red Sox game.

2. Finding a job. I'll take whatever help I can get on this issue. My degree will be in Speech Communications, which I've attained in three years. I've had an internship in marketing/promotions and have some experience in that area. I'd love to find a job where I'm doing marketing/communications on a regular basis. I think my degree has provided me with strong writing and conversational skills, which are useful in most jobs. I'm not picky about an area of the country I'd like to live. I'm willing to consider most places if a good job is available.

3. Wedding planning - we reserved the church today. I'm pretty sure that makes the date official. I've started to ask a few guys about being in the wedding and I have 5 of 6 confirmed. I think one of the biggest parts is getting the location set and we've got the ceremony figured out. Now the reception, which seems to be down to 3 choices. Herty Field, The Georgia Center, or the Classic Center are all possibilities. Any opinions on any of those from the people who are familiar with Athens? Steven, I know you've been to some good weddings at Herty. Any thoughts on the other places?