Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Screen Name

1. My Screen Name

Quick History (just in case any are wondering):

I do, in fact have two Duke tattoos. One is obvious because it is displayed as my avatar. That is actually my 2nd Duke tat. I received it at a reputable tattoo parlor in Spain, 1994 while I was active duty Navy (I am still in the Reserves - 10 yrs total service). I brought my Duke 1992 Title shirt to the shop and he worked that logo into my skin.

The first Duke tat was inked in Jersey, 1993, also while I was active duty Navy. I actually designed it myself one cold morning while sitting at the bus stop of the longest pier in the world (3.5 mi). It's a hand pulling the trigger of a 45. One might think it's a depiction of violence, and at a distance, it does appear to be so. However, a closer look indicates that the barrell of the gun reads "Duke" and there is a smoking basketball blazing from the barrell.

It was these tattoos that caught the eye of WTVD 11 during the 2001 Welcome Home Rally at Cameron that prompted them to interview me. And yes, it did make in on the 6'oclock news. My 12 seconds of fame.

My screen name was my email address at duke (hc5@duke.edu). Originality is dead!

mine is from the college gameday commercial with jay bilas. I'm the only duke fan basically at my school but alot of kids know me so when that commercial came on, they started calling me dukie boy so it stuck

My screen name is based on the name of my favorite Duke song! I even have the pep band's version as the ring tone on my cell phone.... a great way to start a conversation! It's also a nickname friends have given me.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Mine is from going to games since before I can remember. Dad still has the season tickets, and I go with him if I'm lucky enough to be in town and my stepmom is kind enough to give up her ticket.

Mine is my college nickname. No one calls me Billy anymore.

Mine is pretty obvious.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I use mine in other forums (fora?) as well; I once had someone ask if it was some sort of satanic reference.

ROTFLMAO!

Mine's a twisted Catch-22 reference

Mine came from the first season I started posting here - I lurked from 98-03. The 2003-2004 season, from the day before the first game to the day after the FF defeat, my wife and I lived in London. I told me wife that moving from basketball central to London felt like being exiled for the season. And voila! My posting name.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Geez, I don't know where my posting name came from, does it ring any bells with the rest of you?

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Mine is from an old cartoon show(Star Blazers), and, surprise, that's the pic of the character next to my name. Of course, I could have opted for my Duke email address, in which case I'd be Wile E. Coyote(actually, I was wecoyote since we were limited to 8 chars). But I've been using this identity on yahoo and elsewhere since around 1995.

I used to have the nickname "Casper" through high school, college and into graduate school. Even my high school principal said Casper when I walked. I finally was able to shed it when I arrived at Duke but I still have some old college professors who refuse to call me by anything else.

During those times my license plate read "TF Ghost"

Pronounced: la-va-BAY
    Meaning: REALLY tall
    Origin: It's my nickname from northern Madagascar, where I study lemurs.
    Reality: I'm 6'7", and the average height in Madagascar is somewhere around 5'6" (I'm guessing).

Mine

.....is obvious I guess. Graduated in psychology in '63.

My screen name means Duke Physician Assistant, not Pennsylvania. I graduated from Duke's PA program, as did my dad. For those who don't know, the PA profession was created at Duke. Go Duke, Go PA's!!

Mine is my first name, though I don't really recall why I decided to go lowercase...just an e.e. cummings moment, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    My screen name was my email address at duke (hc5@duke.edu). Originality is dead!
    what he said.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    what he said.
    ditto. bdh21@duke.edu.

This is an interesting thread, and I really want to see if "Moonpie23" comes from where I think it does.

Mine is an unsuccessful marketing slogan for Vanderbilt football during the Woodyball days in the late 90s. Marketing slogans and gobs of hype do not equal SEC wins.

I used it for my fantasy leagues and then decided to keep it.