Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I agree with the Dante Jones dunk.
    I don't have a video, but a guy on my high school team dunked the ball so hard the ball hit a guys face under the basket and busted his nose...it was magical.

Quote Originally Posted by gvtucker View Post
    Oh, that reminds me of another great one, Phil Henderson's dunk on Alonzo Mourning in the regional finals in 1989.
    That was great cause no one expected it.

I'm still waiting for someone to find/post video of Johnny's dunk against Navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post
    Jerome Lane of Pitt is classic.
    Send it in, Jerome!
    I remember the dunk that finished second to the Jerome lane dunk that year. I have never seen it again, but Jarvis Basnight (spelling?) of UNLV got a steal, put it behind his back to fake a defender and then jumped over the guy setting up for the charge and dunked. It is probably my favorite game dunk ever.

Quote Originally Posted by gvtucker View Post
    Oh, that reminds me of another great one, Phil Henderson's dunk on Alonzo Mourning in the regional finals in 1989.

Funny aside, in the April Fool's Day Comical, they had a spoof interview with Phil Henderson. No matter what the question posed to Phil, the answer was always, "I dunked on Alonzo Mourning.

They also had a great cartoon in the chronicle, with an outside view of "Trembling Hills Nursing Home" and, I think, someone saying, "Yes, Mr. Henderson, you already told me about the time you dunked over Alonzo Mourning."

That was a phenomenal dunk. The TV camera had a view right down the lane and you see little Phil go straight up and throw down right over Zo.

Update!!!

I posted the video today. Thanks for everyone's input. I used some of the ideas and some that weren't mentioned. It's prolly not the greatest ever, but it's more of my favorite. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Grant Hill vs Kansas, 1991.

My rationale:
    1) It was insane he was even able to catch the alley-oop - the pass was overthrown
    2) One handed...with authority
    3) The stakes - in a national championship game
    4) The statement - the dunk set the tone for the game, and announced quite firmly that Duke was not merely going to be satisfied with the upset over UNLV, there would be no emotional hangover, and Kansas was in for a long night.
    5) My perspective: In Cameron, with most of the Duke undergrad body...I don't think I've ever heard Cameron louder.
    Word. I was wondering if anyone would mention that one. I remember Packer saying that he never thought he would catch it, much less dunk it. He also called it a David Thompson dunk from yesteryear.

It's such a shame that people don't remember Grant more that way-although I can't imagine anyone handling injury with the grace that he has. Truly a one of a kind player and a great representative for Duke and for the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I posted the video today. Thanks for everyone's input. I used some of the ideas and some that weren't mentioned. It's prolly not the greatest ever, but it's more of my favorite. Enjoy!
    I would have called shenanigans if Shawn Kemp wasn't included. Made #3. Such a waste of talent... Also Vince's dunk is way overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    The Duke Basketball Encyclopedia starts his bio as Paul Antoine "Corey" Maggette, so someone is wrong. I knew I had read that somewhere, so I went and checked.

Perhaps it's Corey Paul Antoine Maggette, I don't really know. I should have just stuck to Corey in the first place
    NBA.com lists his full name as Corey Antoine Maggette (scroll to bottom)

So does this website.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Yay! My Pippen over Ewing dunk made #2.

Awesome video, well put together.

Gene Banks against Ralph Sampson

Can't find the video clip but was from Sampson's freshman year. The announcer (or newscaster with the replay) said "Welcome to the ACC, Ralph Sampson". It was an amazing reach-back dunk from the right wing.

And I'm not going to look back to see who wrote it, but how can anyone say Vince Carter's dunk on this video was overrated? Come on.

No Tom Chambers? For shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Berg View Post
    No Tom Chambers? For shame.
    One of the requirement is that you must obey the laws of gravity.