Thread: Duhon goes off

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Duhon goes off

Although, so did everyone else in this game (as Milwaukee’s defense took the game off).

Duhon - 22pts, 3rbs, 15asst, 0 turnovers

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2008041415

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Duhon gets 15 assists, but not most of game

Chris got 15 assists, and didn't even lead the game in that stat. Ramon Sessions had 22 in a score fest. Amazing...good to see Du getting some minutes again, and being productive with them. Deng had his 9th carreer game with 30 or more points to boot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280414015

S.Williams put up some heavy minutes tonite too, good to see each making the most of new opportunities. ( I know Duhon has been a Bull, but he's on second chances right now)

dont forget his 22pts.

Dunleavy had a good night as well going for 26pts and 6ast. Boozer and shane had solid nights too.

Except, Dukies can't play in the NBA

p.s. saw grant only played 13 minutes, but the rest of the suns starts played 30 mins so I assume they weren't resting him. Did he get hurt?

grant hill reportedly re-injured an already sore groin last night. He won't play wednesday and are hoping he will be good for play-off time

Duhon was also 8-9 FG, 4-4 3PT, 2-2 FT. Pretty impressive regardless of the defense.

Duhon seems to have one of these types of games every month or so. It demonstrates that has the talent to be more than a bench player or role playing starter he just needs to find a way to be more consistent. I strongly feel that part of his struggles stems from the Chicago situation. During his short career they have had coaching and management changes not to mention some weird personnel decisions. I will never understand how any GM would think that having Hinrich, Gordon and Duhon in the same back court makes sense. I doubt that anyone thought Duhon would be as good as he has been when they drafted him the same year as Gordon (they also drafted Deng and Nocioni the same year, what's up with going after multiple players in the same position in the same draft?) but they ahve had 4 years to try to create a better meshing back court and all they have done is add Larry Hughes. Oh and they also added JamesOn Curry (6'3") and Shannon Brown (6'4") to go along with their other 6'3" and under guards Hinrich, Grodon and Duhon.

All that being said, I have to wonder if the rumors about Duhon's penchant for night life is also contributing to his inconsistent play. I'm really hoping that the Bulls make some major personnel moves during the off season and Duhon (and Deng for that matter) either get a fresh start at another franchise (like Dunleavey) or similar parts are traded away he gets a fresh start with the Bulls.

Red face

A while back there was a Duhon thread where some Chicagoians (?) talked about how Duhon attended a Duke game against the team's wishes b/c he knew he wasn't going to play the next day anyway, as the Bulls were phasing out his minutes. There was some more talk about how he really wasn't going to play anymore for the Bulls this year and he was pretty much going to ride the bench out until the off-season, after which he would not be part of the Bulls plans.

So, I was happy and suprised to see his amazing stat line from last night. Can anyone in Chicago (or elsewhere) shed some light on why Duhon has been getting 20-30 minutes a night lately, when he was supposedly not part of their plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Can anyone ... shed some light on why Duhon has been getting 20-30 minutes a night lately, when he was supposedly not part of their plans?
    A lot of teams are resting their starters for the playoffs.

Oh, wait ...

Actually, it looks like something was wrong with Hinrich: 5 fouls and 3 points in a game in which 286 points were scored.

The box score for the game is insane, Sessions had 24 assists; 7 players scored more than 20 points.

Gordon was Gordon, 18 shots (12 for 3) in 27 minutes and only 2 assists with 3 TOs. Is there a stat for the most shots per minute, or turnovers per minute? I am amused at Gordon's delusion that he is in line for a big payday this year or next. I am hard pressed to come up with a team that would improve by signing Gordon. He would kill chemistry as a stater. Maybe Boston could use him off the bench and has enough leadership to keep him in line - but that is the mid-level exemption at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    So, I was happy and suprised to see his amazing stat line from last night. Can anyone in Chicago (or elsewhere) shed some light on why Duhon has been getting 20-30 minutes a night lately, when he was supposedly not part of their plans?
    when the season is effectively over, as it is for the bulls, they let the younger/bench/role players play more often to showcase them for an off-season trade. They will also sometimes shutdown their star players to make sure they dont get hurt (see Dwayne Wade). In duhon's case I think he is going to be a free agent so the trade principle doesn't necessarily apply, but its the same idea which is that late in the season, those who don't usually play, start to play more. This happened with Shelden last year as well, and he ended up winning rookie of the month in april or something...

Given the stats line and the circumstances (meaningless game for both teams) you have to believe that the teams basically played playground ball, which was probably fun for the fans.