Hilton Head dining/restaurants

Traveling down to HH for a meeting next week and soliciting suggestions for dining for several evenings. I know one stop will be Crane's Tavern for some prime rib, the best OZZIE has ever had. Period. Any other thoughts? OZZIE, are you out there?

My family is down there this weekend. They go to Cafe Europa each Heritage weekend, and Truffles in Sea Pines is always nice for a quick lunch.

Evidently there's a new Indian restaurant that's really good, but I haven't been there yet.

HHI eats

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Traveling down to HH for a meeting next week and soliciting suggestions for dining for several evenings. I know one stop will be Crane's Tavern for some prime rib, the best OZZIE has ever had. Period. Any other thoughts? OZZIE, are you out there?
    It's the best I've had in the carolina's, but I don't know that I would say it is the best I've ever had. But it is very very good!

For years we have eaten at Stellini's for Italian and Aunt Chiladas for both Mexican and for crab legs, and their bar at happy hour is pretty nice.

Here's a link to reviews of most of the HHI restaurants
    http://www.sallys-place.com/food/din...ilton_head.htm
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

i avoid HH like the plague it is but i've heard good things about the old fort pub.

HH

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    It's the best I've had in the carolina's, but I don't know that I would say it is the best I've ever had. But it is very very good!

For years we have eaten at Stellini's for Italian and Aunt Chiladas for both Mexican and for crab legs, and their bar at happy hour is pretty nice.

Here's a link to reviews of most of the HHI restaurants
    http://www.sallys-place.com/food/din...ilton_head.htm
    Thanks for reminding me of Stellini's. There's another 'dive' we have been to just off one of the traffic circles that serves good broiled/grilled seafood and not too expensive. Cant't recall that name so we will try to find that one on our own.

HH

Quote Originally Posted by willywoody View Post
    i avoid HH like the plague it is but i've heard good things about the old fort pub.
    OOOHH, a pub. Wonder what kind of draft beer selection they have. We will have to investigate that suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Traveling down to HH for a meeting next week and soliciting suggestions for dining for several evenings.?
    The Sage Room is possibly the best restaurant there.
    The gyro salad at It's Greek To Me is the best I've had.
    There are two Thai restaurants outside Palmetto Dunes that are both quite good.
    Red Fish is fine but loud unless you sit in front (+lots of wines).
    Santa Fe Cafe is Tex-Mex and maybe overpriced but very good. There's a patio which is great for having a margarita and cornmeal crusty oysters.
    Old Fort Pub has great view at sunset and good food but occasionally bad service.

i can give you more info if you want.

Charlie's L'etoile Verte is a favorite of my parents when they go down there. My wife and I also had a nice meal at Alligator Grille. If you're looking for sushi, Hinoki is the place to go. If you're looking for a quick slice of pizza, or if you're a big Pittsburgh sports fan, check out Giuseppi's (they have tons of Steelers and Penguins memorabilia on the walls). The Sally's Place link above is a good resource.

HH dining

Quote Originally Posted by GDT View Post
    The Sage Room is possibly the best restaurant there.
    The gyro salad at It's Greek To Me is the best I've had.
    There are two Thai restaurants outside Palmetto Dunes that are both quite good.
    Red Fish is fine but loud unless you sit in front (+lots of wines).
    Santa Fe Cafe is Tex-Mex and maybe overpriced but very good. There's a patio which is great for having a margarita and cornmeal crusty oysters.
    Old Fort Pub has great view at sunset and good food but occasionally bad service.

i can give you more info if you want.
    All sound like good ideas-we will be there Thurs-Sun so will try to sample several of the suggestions

Hilton Head

Thanks for all the suggestions. Just returned from HH and dined Thursday at Crane's Tavern. Mrs. Devildeac gobbled up the prime rib special. For $19.95, she wolfed down a very tender 12 ounces of prime rib, horseradish mashies, creamed spinach and a glass of merlot. For a mere $15.95, I enjoyed a honey-wasabi drizzled hunk of salmon, rice and steamed veggies and a glass of chardonnay. A classy joint with good service. One of OZZIE's favorites and mine, too. We had a reception on Friday so no eating out. We went on the cheap-sort of-on Saturday with a trip to the Sea Shack. A pretty dumpy place where lots of local apparently eat. I had a shrimp po' boy and my wife had her usual fried oysters. Both came with 2 low country sides and hush puppies. Mmm-good down home or low country cookin'. Back to leftovers at home tonight .