Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
I agree with your "locks" and most of your battles, except that I think that Battier vs Prince battle is actually a little more complicated. You've also got Jamison, Pierce, and Marion battling there, and all 3 of those guys are all-stars. Will be verrrry interesting.

Oh and I would also throw Brand in the Bosh vs. Chandler battle, though I'm guessing you did not include him b/c he just returned from an injury a week ago and probably will sit out. (he has looked good though since his return so who knows...)
Brand won't play because of the injury and other concerns. Marion has played his way off the team because he became a cancer in the Phoenix locker room and doesn't get along with Amare. Seeing as he didn't play either of the previous two summers, they won't stick him on the roster this time. Pierce won't play either -- he is primarily a scorer and there are too many better scorers ahead of him on the wing. If Team USA adds another 3/4 hybrid, it'll be a defensive-oriented guy like Battier or Prince.