Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by emack32 View Post
    i don't think so...our class is ranked high, but I still think it's underrated. I've seen a handful of games of Kyrie and feel he is best point guard in the class by far for the simple fact that out of the bunch he seems best equip to run an offense and play the "true" point as well as be a big time scorer. He sort of reminds me of of a mix of j-will in his ability to penetrate at will and deron williams's ability to hit the three and mid range jumper. ESPN also moved Hairston into the top twenty in their final ranking so that is promising as well. Don't know too much about Felix and Thornton, but am excited to see what they bring to the table. Curry will also be a star, so this class should be 1 based on the fact that they are incredibly talented and the two studs Curry and Irving are likely to stay at least 2 years as opposed to most one and dones...So stoked for next year!
    Well, our class is ranked #5 on ESPN. And from my understanding, the ranking does not include Seth Curry who may be the best SG for this recruiting cycle given not only his natural talent and incredible freshman year, but his opportunity to play at a high level in the Duke system for an entire year. If we consider him part of our "class," that definitely undoubtedly improves our subjective ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by emack32 View Post
    i don't think so...our class is ranked high, but I still think it's underrated. I've seen a handful of games of Kyrie and feel he is best point guard in the class by far for the simple fact that out of the bunch he seems best equip to run an offense and play the "true" point as well as be a big time scorer. He sort of reminds me of of a mix of j-will in his ability to penetrate at will and deron williams's ability to hit the three and mid range jumper. ESPN also moved Hairston into the top twenty in their final ranking so that is promising as well. Don't know too much about Felix and Thornton, but am excited to see what they bring to the table. Curry will also be a star, so this class should be 1 based on the fact that they are incredibly talented and the two studs Curry and Irving are likely to stay at least 2 years as opposed to most one and dones...So stoked for next year!
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, the 2008-2010 recruiting classes have been waay out of the ordinary. Miles jumps on last minute after King transfers and Trent Johnson is fired at Stanford only to be the last member of the class after E-will and Olek transfer. For 2009 we add Dawkins at the last second after Ewill's transfer but we also add Seth Curry. Finally, our 2010 class loses Dawkins to the 2009 class but gains Kyrie and the first JUCO transfer under K in Felix to add to Hairston and Thornton. Things definitely worked out strangely, but it certainly seems like they've worked out for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    Well, our class is ranked #5 on ESPN. And from my understanding, the ranking does not include Seth Curry who may be the best SG for this recruiting cycle given not only his natural talent and incredible freshman year, but his opportunity to play at a high level in the Duke system for an entire year. If we consider him part of our "class," that definitely undoubtedly improves our subjective ranking.
    Neither Curry nor Felix are or should be considered part of this recruiting class. They both have 3 years of eligibility left, unlike our three Freshmen who have 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Go 2 Hell Carolina View Post
    Sorry I didnt mean to post this under 2010 recruiting - I cant edit it for some reason!

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Neither Curry nor Felix are or should be considered part of this recruiting class. They both have 3 years of eligibility left, unlike our three Freshmen who have 4 years.
    with regards to espn's class ranking, they consider felix part of the class but not curry

ESPN has almost no business doing recruiting analysis or reporting. They are terrible at it.

There is an article on ESPN insider detailing next year's lineups for Duke, Carolina, Kentucky. Only Duke's is full of players who have actually committed.

Carolina's list has Austin Rivers on it (for next year). That's just silly. They also describe Harrison Barnes as a slasher who needs to find a jump shot. Clearly, they didn't watch the Hoops Summit when he made a number of threes or the McDonald's game when he participated in the three point shooting competition. He's considered by scouts to have a smooth, consistent stroke, one of the best shooters in the class.

Kentucky's list has 4 guys on it who are undecided. Yeah, they might end up at Kentucky, but they might not too.

How can they put this stuff out there? Just throw a bunch of crap to the wall and see what sticks?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    ESPN has almost no business doing recruiting analysis or reporting. They are terrible at it.

There is an article on ESPN insider detailing next year's lineups for Duke, Carolina, Kentucky. Only Duke's is full of players who have actually committed.

Carolina's list has Austin Rivers on it (for next year). That's just silly. They also describe Harrison Barnes as a slasher who needs to find a jump shot. Clearly, they didn't watch the Hoops Summit when he made a number of threes or the McDonald's game when he participated in the three point shooting competition. He's considered by scouts to have a smooth, consistent stroke, one of the best shooters in the class.

Kentucky's list has 4 guys on it who are undecided. Yeah, they might end up at Kentucky, but they might not too.

How can they put this stuff out there? Just throw a bunch of crap to the wall and see what sticks?
    To be fair, that's all in a "rumor mill" blog format. It's also not really detailing next year's lineups, but rather detailing the recruiting classes/incoming players. It's not in any way intended to be hard news.

But yeah, it's not very good analysis of the players. And the Austin Rivers gaff is pretty silly. He doesn't specifically say that Rivers is playing college ball next year, but that appears to be what he's thinking. But it's weird that he puts Rivers with UNC, but clearly notes that UNC and Duke are both in the running.

Bob Green

Mccalum to play for his dad at University of Detroit

and

Trey Zeigler to also play for his dad at Central Michigan

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/onthetrail

I guess this means Josh Shelby to KU, maybe, we never really know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    they also landed the #25 player (and #3 center) in enes kanter

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    Kanter is reported to have eligibility issues. Wonder if he may jump to the NBA after the Nike Hoops Summit? He was a beast!

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    1. Kanter is an outstanding prospect
    2. There are still questions about receiving substantial payments in the Turkish league that may derail his NCAA eligibility.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    1. Kanter is an outstanding prospect
    2. There are still questions about receiving substantial payments in the Turkish league that may derail his NCAA eligibility.
    Cleveland State: You are officially On Notice.

brandon knight to UK

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...n=ncaab,234277

ugh...beginning of monster draft class year 2?
    April 1

oops...please delete....missed the update on the cal ethics thread
    April 1

He'll get plenty of paying time!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    He'll get plenty of paying time!
    you mean playing time? I don't see why you would take a shot at this kid, After seeing the recent sucess Cal has had with top pg I don't see why he wouldn't go there, this kid isn't a dummy he's a very sucessful young man who wants even more sucess in the nba.

Sorry, I did mean "playing time". No cheap shot intended toward BK at all.