Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Recruiting

It would be great to have depth at the point if we are fortunate enough to land an elite point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    It would be great to have depth at the point if we are fortunate enough to land an elite point guard.
    i dont mind either...i think bringing in 2 pg is always a plus...esp. with the lack of depth this coming season..wish they were comin in this year though.

Quote Originally Posted by speedevil2001 View Post
    read that they recent played in a tournament together.

seem like great kids and a welcome addition to duke. with their recent slide in college rankings, not that it matters but with the recent interest in kyle irvine and domince fergueson, and their rise in rankings, is coach k looking for more talent and recruiting over them?
    I wouldn't characterize it as recruiting over someone exactly. Some guys are ready to step in right away and some guys might need a little seasoning. Knight, Irving and the other top PG's could very easily be gone after one or two years, at which point a sophomore or junior Thornton taking over as the full time point would be perfect.

Kyrie Irving piece

http://blog.northstarbball.com/2009/...ie-irving.aspx

Recent article with plenty of info. about 2010 PG target Kyrie Irving.

Sounds like he would be a great fit for Duke, but there is plenty of competition for his services.

Recent recruiting trends

http://duke.scout.com/2/870413.html

Interesting read here. I am not sure who the guy is that wrote it, but it seems like he did his due research and makes some good, valid points. I am also not sure where this belongs thread wise, but it kind of points to the future of Duke recruiting, so I thought this would be a nice place for it. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    http://duke.scout.com/2/870413.html

Interesting read here. I am not sure who the guy is that wrote it, but it seems like he did his due research and makes some good, valid points. I am also not sure where this belongs thread wise, but it kind of points to the future of Duke recruiting, so I thought this would be a nice place for it. Enjoy!
    That's a great article, well thought out and puts a lot of things into perspective.

Thanks for kinking it!

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    That's a great article, well thought out and puts a lot of things into perspective.

Thanks for kinking it!
    No kinking allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell1977 View Post
    No kinking allowed!
    OOOOOOOOOooooooooooopppppppppppsssssssss!

NBA top 100 camp has games starting tomorrow, and every single 2010 player we're targeting save for Josh Smith (getting tonsils removed) will be there. Should be interesting to hear how Barnes, Knight, Irving, Ferguson, McCallum, Roscoe Smith, plus all of our current commits do.

Plus although technically this is off topic but apparently we've already started recruiting 2011 top 25 prospect Quincy Miller who will be playing as well. EDIT: nvm Miller will not be at the NBA top 100 camp, but we have been keeping tabs on him. Should be interesting.
    Last edited by Lightz; 06-17-2009 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightz View Post
    NB

Plus although technically this is off topic but apparently we've already started recruiting 2011 top 25 prospect Quincy Miller who will be playing as well. EDIT: nvm Miller will not be at the NBA top 100 camp, but we have been keeping tabs on him. Should be interesting.
    http://dukebasketballjournal.wordpre...aquinton-ross/

Another 2011-LaQuinton Ross

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...asp?CID=957518

Here's the impressions I've got from the various reports from the NBPA camp (naturally I can't copy and paste the scout articles nor post any insider stuff, plus some of this can be found elsewhere on the web) about some of our players and recruits for those who don't follow recruiting on other sites as closely (some of this also coming from the free rivals article up top):

Andre Dawkins: Literally seems to have his name mentioned in every article as one of the top performers, almost always for stroking it from deep as well as getting some nice dunks every game.

Josh Hairston: Not too much info but he's apparently been playing well and one person said they expected his stock to rise up a bit after it fell in the last set of rankings.

Tyler Thornton: Haven't heard anything so far

Harrison Barnes: Naturally playing well although apparently he's a little under the weather, notably is visiting duke and unc next week.

Brandon Knight/Kyrie Irving: Played against each other yesterday and Knight apparently did much better than Irving who apparently had an off day. Knight is getting lots of praised, hopefully Irving should play a bit better the next few days.

Dominique Ferguson/Roscoe Smith: Both seemingly a bit underperformed day 1 despite looking very talented, not much else there

Tyler Thornton: Havn't heard a single thing so far, hopefully we'll hear some more about him the next few days, haven't heard anything about Ray MaCallum either so far.

The reports that I've found more interesting though is a bunch of new and high profile players in the 2010 class are claiming some form of duke interests, so it appears as though maybe K may actually be casting out a larger recruiting net than before.

Hope that was informative, and now for some videos to get excited from:

Dawkins mix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFSBQ...e=channel_page

Barnes mix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjWK0...eature=channel

Is Marshall Plumlee class of 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Is Marshall Plumlee class of 2011?
    Yes.

Haiston

As Lightz noted, one of the articles on the camp (I forget which) indicated that Hairston's rankings had dropped, but that they should pop back up. Does anyone know why his stock supposedly dropped?

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    As Lightz noted, one of the articles on the camp (I forget which) indicated that Hairston's rankings had dropped, but that they should pop back up. Does anyone know why his stock supposedly dropped?
    I'm pretty sure it was mostly due to other people who were behind him improving a good deal as opposed to poor play on his part. Seems like he's had some good developments though recently which should mean a rise in rankings whenever scout updates them next.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Does anyone know why his stock supposedly dropped?
    One theory is Josh Hairston's rep was hurt due to him attending a small AA high school so he didn't compete against top level competition. Now that AAU summer action is in full swing, Hairston is competing against all the top players.
    Bob Green

The word on Hairston is hanging out on the perimeter too much and not being aggressive enough. He is transferring to Montrose with Stu Vetter and he will be playing in France with a US team this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    The word on Hairston is hanging out on the perimeter too much and not being aggressive enough. He is transferring to Montrose with Stu Vetter and he will be playing in France with a US team this summer.
    Where did you hear that? It would probably be a good move basketball-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    Where did you hear that? It would probably be a good move basketball-wise.
    Right here on the DBR...