Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Recruiting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2010 Recruiting

I know this is way too early but who do you think we will offer (over the summer maybe) for class of '10

My guesses would be Brandon Knight, DeShaun Thomas, Andre Dawkins, and a big that we dont know about yet.

Thoughts....

Quote Originally Posted by dukefan47 View Post
    I know this is way too early but who do you think we will offer (over the summer maybe) for class of '10

My guesses would be Brandon Knight, DeShaun Thomas, Andre Dawkins, and a big that we dont know about yet.

Thoughts....
    My Lord, I think you might need a hobby or a girl friend!

Okay, I gotta ask. Any word on offers to the potential offspring of Shelden Williams and Candace Parker? It goes without saying that we should get in the running early there. Oh darn, I just said it so it didn't go without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Okay, I gotta ask. Any word on offers to the potential offspring of Shelden Williams and Candace Parker? It goes without saying that we should get in the running early there. Oh darn, I just said it so it didn't go without saying.
    Actually, I think that Shelden and Candace have a pre-nup that states that any/all male offspring are to attend Duke and any/all female offspring are to attend Tenn. I think that Pat Summit negotiated that part of the pre-nup herself.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Actually, I think that Shelden and Candace have a pre-nup that states that any/all male offspring are to attend Duke and any/all female offspring are to attend Tenn. I think that Pat Summit negotiated that part of the pre-nup herself.
    That guy is one heck of a coach. For any who don't follow women's b-ball, he just won another national title at Tennessee (the 8th, I think).

yeah and he looked really good in that cheerleader outfit too...
    I think you might be a bit confused...

Quote Originally Posted by bhd28 View Post
    That guy is one heck of a coach. For any who don't follow women's b-ball, he just won another national title at Tennessee (the 8th, I think).
    You do realize that Pat Summitt is a woman don't you?

Let me throw a name out there to keep in mind. Will Regan. He plays center for Laettner's high school, Nichols School, in Western NY. He's an excellent center prospect with a traditional back-to-the-basket game. Right now, I see that neither Scout nor Rivals has him ranked, but that will change. He's going to be a top-50, 5-star prospect, and since Nichols is an academically elite, private school, I would expect Duke to become heavily involved in his recruitment.

I need sources on that. Otherwise, this post qualifies as terrible rumor mongering

that seems fair

Deshaun Thomas

Deshaun Thomas a 6-7 SF from Indiana is one of the top 3 best players for the 2010 class. Does anybody know the deal with his status? with Duke and if he if he still has a solid commitment to Ohio State?

Best that I know is that Duke's not even on his radar and vice-versa. Watzone? I haven't seen his name mentioned before.

Both Rivals and Scout have Duke listed as a team of interest in his profile. The profile lists aren't always accurate but the fact that both sites have Duke listed would indicate that there is some interest.

ive heard he is taking his visits to duke and other schools on his list but he has a soft verbal to ohio st.

There are 3 players scout.com says we have a chancce of getting Deshaun Thomas, Josh Smith, and Brandon Kinght does anyone know more in-depth info about how close we are to getting each of them

deshaun thomas has a soft verbal to ohio state i think but is looking at duke and other schools
    josh smith is getting really good and ucla unfortunately is high on his list
    and brandon knight is def a good chance, he plays with kenny boynton and many think that if boynton commits to duke, so will knight
    that all ive heard...

ok ya thats pretty much wat i heard
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dukeballer2294 View Post
    ok ya thats pretty much wat i heard
    thank you
    Dukeballer,

What does your sig mean? 9 national championships for Duke athletics? 9 for Duke basketball? If so, I need someone to send me game tape of the 6 other national championships!

duke athletics