Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Recruiting

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Traveldude50 View Post
    Im a duke fan and just want 2 keep u updated. I currently attend the same school and Brandon Knight. Tonite we had a game and Brandon of course outplayed everyone. Billy Donovan was at the game along with Kenny Boynton. Hope 2 c Coach K down here soon.
    There's no question that Donovan has a geographic advantage when it comes to recruiting Brandon Knight, not to mention the possible advantage of the Boynton factor. Don't be surprised if Donovan starts waving to Brandon from across the parking lot, as he did with Shavlik Randolph.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Don't be surprised if Donovan starts waving to Brandon from across the parking lot, as he did with Shavlik Randolph.
    There is a significant difference between now and then.
    Now when the New Yorker waves at a top recruit, the recruit can see a pair of national championship rings on his hand. Brandon Knight was in the third grade when we last won a NCAA title.

Watch out for J.T. Terrell, he is Wake Forest commit who is a big time scorer. He played against Cedar Ridge where one of my friends goes and dropped about 40.

Recruiting class 09-10

Here are the links for the people that might possibly play for duke in a year or 2 and tell me what you think about them. Hopefully we will get most of them since we have good recruiters.

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&yr=2010
    Last edited by -jk; 01-05-2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: redacted 2009

2010 looks good

The recruiting picture for Duke University looks very good. Especially the 2010 class. If we could land Knight, that would be huge even though we have Thornton already committed. Barnes would be another great recruit for us. But for now I'm just going to enjoy this years team and hope we keep improving. Go Duke!

I'll get a chance to see Dawkins and Hairston in Richmond on January 31 at Slamfest. It's pretty exciting to see Dawkins coming to Duke as that is my alma mater. I'll let you know what I see.

I really, really, really hope that we can get Harrison Barnes though it looks like Kansas is going hard after him.

Midnight Madness Picture?

Is that picture from Midnight Madness or a more recent visit?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty1911 View Post
    Is that picture from Midnight Madness or a more recent visit?
    I'm not sure where the photo is from, but there was a recent visit.

Edit: Judging from the orange shirts in the photo, I would say that this was taken at Saturday's UT/KU game.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    I'm not sure where the photo is from, but there was a recent visit.

Edit: Judging from the orange shirts in the photo, I would say that this was taken at Saturday's UT/KU game.
    Yes, he was at that game.

Recruits -

You guys keep up with this more than me.

Next year is Wall and Plumlee? Or am I confusing years - I know Plumlee is next year.
    Is Wall even for sure?
    Who is 2010?

Thank you

Next year: Kelly and Mason Plumlee.

We are still recruiting Wall. He would be part of next year's class as well.

I'm thinking Wall to Memphis...any thoughts?

Next year we have a PF by the name of Ryan Kelly coming.
    http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=3073045

We also have a PF by the name of Mason Plumlee.
    http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=2856191

John Wall is still undecided. He has Baylor, Kansas, Memphis, Miami, State, Duke, and Oregon still on his list. #1 PG in the class of '09.
    http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=3060204

In 2010 we have...

Andre Dawkins, SG.
    http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=3223503

Josh Hairston, PF.
    http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=3279414

And Tyler Thornton, PG.
    http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...=1&nid=2905705

We are also on Harrison Barnes' list (#1 SF) and Brandon Knight (#1 PG).

Quote Originally Posted by Huh? View Post
    I'm thinking Wall to Memphis...any thoughts?
    From what i've heard on this board as well as from my friends that played with him at 5-star, I am inclined to believe he will play at Baylor. Besides the fact that he would get a lot of PT and be the star of the team, his AAU coaches have serious connections with the school. A few of them might even work there.

I think Wall's list would go Baylor, Memphis, Duke.

His AAU coach, Dwon Clifton just got hired as an assistant coach at Baylor.

That said, Wall hasn't even had an official visit or chat with Coach K yet. I think our chances are slim, but I wouldn't count out Coach K just yet. Anything can happen in the world of recruiting.

Memphis has a few studs going in. Xavier Henry, Nolan Dennis, and possibly Demarcus Cousins. It's also looking more and more like Tyreke Evans isn't going to be good enough to be a high pick in this upcoming draft. With Henry, Dennis, Cousins, Evans, and Witherspoon, I see a lot of shot takers and not enough shots.

If G goes pro, which is entirely possible given his recent explosion, Wall could come to Duke, fit in right at G's old spot and would have the chance to be option 1 or 1a to Singler almost immediately. He would be surrounded by solid, team players such as Nolan, Scheyer, Zoubs, etc on what is possibly the biggest stage in college hoops. Plus, the kid gets a year of Coach K's tutelage, which will help him develop as a PG and a person. That is the only red flag I see with Wall, his attitude could be an issue somewhere down the line. Playing for K, if even for only a year, would help him significantly in the maturation process. If he went to Baylor, he'd basically be given free reign and would be more powerful than his coach.

I think Duke is a good choice for him. He will only be in school for 1 year, so why not stay close to home, be on TV every night, play for a NC contender, and take advantage of what Coach K has to offer.

I am pretty sure Evans will enter regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Cell-R View Post
    From what i've heard on this board as well as from my friends that played with him at 5-star, I am inclined to believe he will play at Baylor. Besides the fact that he would get a lot of PT and be the star of the team, his AAU coaches have serious connections with the school. A few of them might even work there.

I think Wall's list would go Baylor, Memphis, Duke.
    I don't know how Duke is still recruiting him. They haven't offered him a scholarship yet, and it says that Wall has low interest in Duke.

It would not be a good choice for him with Smith here at Duke already. Wall is just looking to be a star for a year and then head to the NBA.

I think he will go to Baylor or NC State. He will go to State if he wants to stay at home for his last year before going pro.

He will go to Baylor if he just wants to tear up the big 12 like Durant.

But he will not go to Duke, guarenteed

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackdevil View Post
    I don't know how Duke is still recruiting him. They haven't offered him a scholarship yet, and it says that Wall has low interest in Duke.

It would not be a good choice for him with Smith here at Duke already. Wall is just looking to be a star for a year and then head to the NBA.

I think he will go to Baylor or NC State. He will go to State if he wants to stay at home for his last year before going pro.

How can you GUARANTEE that he will not go to Duke? Actually if G leaves it would be even more enticing for Wall to come to Duke IMO. Duke is still in the hunt and has a shot at landing this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackdevil View Post

It appears that if he chooses to stay home then Duke is sitting pretty good. NC State looked like the home option because they were the only NC team in the hunt until Duke got involved. Baylor is still a pretty likely destination but don't sleep on Duke.