Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Czyz playing in D.C.

in the Capital Classic Sunday. At the risk of having my rose-tinted lenses challenged, I'd be very interested to get the impressions of anyone who attends. He might be able to display some of his skills in a game like this, as the mano-a-mano thing appeals to him more than some Duke recruits. He will be in the slam dunk contest, maybe three-point shooting.

Ralph Sampson Jr. will also be playing.

Looks like it will be shown on the Mid Atlantic Sports Network

Too bad MASN is not in HD... at least for Cox subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by dkbaseball View Post
    in the Capital Classic Sunday. At the risk of having my rose-tinted lenses challenged, I'd be very interested to get the impressions of anyone who attends. He might be able to display some of his skills in a game like this, as the mano-a-mano thing appeals to him more than some Duke recruits. He will be in the slam dunk contest, maybe three-point shooting.

Ralph Sampson Jr. will also be playing.
    Anyone know the time of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius07 View Post
    And Time Warner doesn't carry it at all - they are still in court arguing about what tier it would be in.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

5:30ish according to MASN web site.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Anyone know the time of the game?
    5:30, per the MASN link.

Quote Originally Posted by dkbaseball View Post
    5:30, per the MASN link.
    Thanks all. I don't see the game listed on Comcast in SE Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius07 View Post
    Do we get MASN? I'm not sure I've seen it, what channel is it?

"And Time Warner doesn't carry it at all - they are still in court arguing about what tier it would be in."

Yep. And Time-Warner actually lost an arbitration hearing and they're still fighting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Thanks all. I don't see the game listed on Comcast in SE Florida.
    Ironic, given it's being played in the Comcast Center. The blogger for the Reno paper said he thought it was being televised only by MASN in the D.C. area, but wasn't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    "And Time Warner doesn't carry it at all - they are still in court arguing about what tier it would be in."

Yep. And Time-Warner actually lost an arbitration hearing and they're still fighting it.
    That's one of many reasons I switched to Direct TV in the Triangle - they carry MASN and many, many more HD channels.

Is anyone currently watching the game and could provide some insight on Olek?

he has 10 points at half with a spectacular 360 dunk in final minute of half

Quote Originally Posted by kramerbr View Post
    Is anyone currently watching the game and could provide some insight on Olek?
    Have watched good part of first half. Typical all-star game with sloppiness, etc.

Impressed with Czyz. First word would be "athlete". Runs very well, jumps very well, really strong frame (he looks very strong but doesn't appear to be cut in a weight-training sense).

Believe he has 10 points at half. Did not start, but has played about half the time for US team, which is up by 15 or so at half. Finished the first half with an absolutely spectacular spinning dunk. (Apparently he did not compete in slam dunk contest, and the annoucer said he would have been "an odds-on choice to win"). Has scored mostly close to the basket with short shots and an offensive rebound basket.

Seems to have lateral quickness as well as good speed. Really interesting prospect; can't compare him to other Duke players off-hand.

He looks good - I've seen video of him during the regular season but it's nice to see him live. He is surprisingly strong and VERY athletic. He is very coordinated - loves to dunk...he had a nice 360 in the 1st half. Showed signs of defensive ability (even during an all-star game).

He just missed a windmill dunk - SHOULD SEE BIG MINUTES NEXT YEAR

MVP of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Kishiznit View Post
    MVP of the game
    Finished with 23 points (9-14? FG, I believe) and 9 rebounds. Looks good at the FT line, too.

Typical all-star game disclaimers aside, this guy looks like a player. IMO, if he reacts well to coaching, and learns Duke defense, he could get 20+ minutes a game next year, and be even better down the line.

Does anyone know of a website that might have some highlights from the game?