Who's Your Daddy? Battier!

According to ESPN.com, Shane was named to the NBA All-Defensive Team.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider

(Not really; read on.)

Are you sure? The only article I've seen on Insider is a column where John Hollinger names his All Defense team. It's not official.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Yep, that's the one. He begins naming his teams with this: "With all that said, here's one man's ballot."

To add a little color, great excerpt below:

"Subjectively, I thought Battier was clearly the best defensive wing in the league this season and was the best defender on the league's second-best defensive team. I expounded on his defensive skills a few weeks ago when I was following the Rockets during their winning streak, so I won't repeat myself now, except to say that if he doesn't make All-Defense this year, there is something terribly, terribly wrong."

here's the article where he "expounded on his defensive skills." Unfortunately, you have to be an ESPN insider to view it. For those who are not insiders, some highlights (note this was written March 18th, the day after the rockets downed the lakers and battier held kobe to 11-33 shooting, and only 4 FTs, and with little to no double team help):

He calls him the anchor of Houston's defense who isn't as quick as Bowen or as physical as Artest, but is "relentless and incredibly smart."

A quote from T-Mac in the article:

"If Shane Battier is not on the All-Defense team, I'm protesting," McGrady said. "I'm boycotting the All-Defense team. Seriously, because this guy, he did a phenomenal job on the best scorer in our league. That's what he brings to us every night -- he guards the opponent's best player and he gives them hell."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...Rockets-080318

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Yep, that's the one. He begins naming his teams with this: "With all that said, here's one man's ballot."
    You are correct, sir. My bad.

Mods, how do I retract the thread?

My apologies to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity84 View Post
    You are correct, sir. My bad.

Mods, how do I retract the thread?

My apologies to all.
    No need to do that. There's still some meat in this thread, and it's a great article nonetheless. He lists Shane as the best shooting guard defender in the league.

I agree with TMac -- if Shane isn't on the All Defense Team, they shouldn't have one.

The regular season isn't over yet, so obviously the awards haven't been announced.

Battier certainly deserves 1st team. He's been outstanding this year and has surpassed Bowen as the league's premier perimeter defender.