Thread: This is a first

This is a first

I've had offers from princes and queens and widows and dying people and lotteries from around the world to give me millions of dollars through secret accounts before being taken by evil kings and the like. But this is the first time that I received a photo (posted on costcophotocenter.com) of a dying women and the following:

Elizabeth says...
    Beloved In Christ,

I am Mrs.Elizabeth Cole a widow,Iam 79years old,suffering from breast cancer.

My doctor Indicate that I may not survive,my family were killed on a Crisis.I have $4.5.m to donate,This is the procceeds from the properties i inherited from my husband, it is strictly for the work of God if you are honest to use it for the work of God please reply for details.

God Bless you..

Mrs.Cole

and here is her picture:
    http://www.costcophotocenter.com/sha...=SYE/otsi=SALB

This seems legit. Should I go for it?
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    I've had offers from princes and queens and widows and dying people and lotteries from around the world to give me millions of dollars through secret accounts before being taken by evil kings and the like. But this is the first time that I received a photo (posted on costcophotocenter.com) of a dying women and the following:

Elizabeth says...
    Beloved In Christ,

My doctor Indicate that I may not survive,my family were killed on a Crisis.I have $4.5.m to donate,This is the procceeds from the properties i inherited from my husband, it is strictly for the work of God if you are honest to use it for the work of God please reply for details.

God Bless you..

Mrs.Cole

and here is her picture:

Would that sweet dying lady lie to you? Go for it!

When it comes to anonymous emails promising riches and good fortune, I think it's wise to give the sender the benefit of the doubt.

However, it doesn't say anything about Nigeria, so it could be a scam...

But fortunately for her, Costco also sells caskets! (though I believe shipping the caskets can only be done in the state of California) If she is considerate enough to purchase one, that's an extra grand or so that you can use to do the Lord's work.

http://www.costco.com/Common/Categor...10*&lang=en-US

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    When it comes to anonymous emails promising riches and good fortune, I think it's wise to give the sender the benefit of the doubt.

However, it doesn't say anything about Nigeria, so it could be a scam...
    BUT..."my family were killed on a Crisis."
    ~rthomas

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Congratulations on your new found riches. Just make sure you give a bunch of it to Jebus like she asks.

Elizabeth says...
    Beloved In Christ,

God Bless you..

Mrs.Cole

and here is her picture:

Sure you should...need a bridge.?..just outside my office window here in NYC. Hear it's going for a song...just send $50 for processing fees and S&H!

Forgot to add. there's a new one - a variant on the Nigerian scam.

I just got one warning me about the scam and telling me that there is now a fund set up to compensate those fooled by the last series of scams. All it takes is $X to get "compensated' for the potential fraud perpetrated on me.

So...we have a derivative scam on a scam. geesh

BTW...there are also a lot of IRS-based scams now. If anyone is interested, my wife works very closely with the police here in NYC (civilian volunteer) and I have a lot of information on these and others...

BUT..."my family were killed on a Crisis."
    Interesting. Crisis is capitalized to indicate that this disaster was of particular import, perhaps a tornado made of fire or a ball lightning attack. However, its preceded with an "a" not a "the" so while the crisis may have been impressive enough to denote it with a capital "C", it wasn't a singular unique event that everyone could identify with such a ubiquitous term. How one dies ON a crisis as opposed to IN a crisis I haven't figured out yet.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    How one dies ON a crisis as opposed to IN a crisis I haven't figured out yet.
    Maybe they were sitting on top of a fuel tanker that got hit by a bolt of lightning during a hurricane?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    How one dies ON a crisis as opposed to IN a crisis I haven't figured out yet.
    I just finished the game Crysis. I got shot and died many times. But that means I died in Crysis.
    P.S. FarCry was way better.

Interesting. Crisis is capitalized to indicate that this disaster was of particular import, perhaps a tornado made of fire or a ball lightning attack. However, its preceded with an "a" not a "the" so while the crisis may have been impressive enough to denote it with a capital "C", it wasn't a singular unique event that everyone could identify with such a ubiquitous term. How one dies ON a crisis as opposed to IN a crisis I haven't figured out yet.
    The Crisis is a new SUV put out by Yugo. The family was riding on top during filming of the Blues Brothers III movie.