Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    IC - 257 posts - totally on fire....4k plus views

Talking I saw that shirt and interview

I simply howled in laughter when I saw Roy wearing that thing. I then realized something...

it sure beat the tie he was wearing the other night.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

That interview was so bananas that I gave Roy his own thread. I'm about to go and check out inside Carolina...

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    Please tell me someone has a screen cap of Roy with the KU sticker. Please. .

'yes...PLEASE get me one of those...

hahahhahaha hahahhaha (deep breath) hahahhah ahahhahahaahahaha

A sticker though....really? You couldn't get him a Kansas blue shirt?

Question Could it be?

Ya think Ol' Roy would go back to Kansas if Self goes to alma mater (OkSt)?

If he would, then the sticker on the shirt makes sense.

I know ... Seth has Gillespie going to Kansas if Self goes to OkSt.

Maybe I'll enjoy some schadenfreude over on IC! How's the weather there SupaDave?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

A lot of ground to make up

Duke has a ways to go to catch the likes of Kansas and Memphis. The only way we can start competing at this level is to get a lot of speed and size. It's that simple. Frankly, it's pretty hard to be optimistic about next year when you see how much better these teams are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

Maybe I'll enjoy some schadenfreude over on IC! How's the weather there SupaDave?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    AND Larry Brown to Carolina... PERFECT

Talking Post of the century

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    AND Larry Brown to Carolina... PERFECT
    ROTFLMAO!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Maybe George Karl? How about ol' Sam the Eagle?

9F Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    IC is in full meltdown.

My question is this: Is Roy's ego so big that he decided to make himself part of the story tonight? Shouldn't the guy be hiding at the hotel drinking Coca Colas or something?

Pretty strange scenario-but one thing is certain. Roy will be a huge topic, and he'll love it.

I almost feel bad for UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincetaylor View Post
    Duke has a ways to go to catch the likes of Kansas and Memphis. The only way we can start competing at this level is to get a lot of speed and size. It's that simple. Frankly, it's pretty hard to be optimistic about next year when you see how much better these teams are.
    Maybe you've been sleep most of the tournament. Davidson could easily be in the title game. There are SO many factors that go into a championship run that such a simple analysis would frustrate the beegeezus out of someone trying to make it sound valid.

There are lots of big AND fast teams out there but at the end of the day you gotta be able to put the ball in the hoop. Basketball isn't all that different from football in the fact that all kinds of things can happen in a game to shift momentum and generate a win.

Another non-call... I'm not a Memphis fan at all, but I really think the officiating is unbalanced this game.

Quote Originally Posted by pete89 View Post
    I almost feel bad for UNC.
    YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Maybe you've been sleep most of the tournament. Davidson could easily be in the title game. There are SO many factors that go into a championship run that such a simple analysis would frustrate the beegeezus out of someone trying to make it sound valid.

There are lots of big AND fast teams out there but at the end of the day you gotta be able to put the ball in the hoop. Basketball isn't all that different from football in the fact that all kinds of things can happen in a game to shift momentum and generate a win.
    who said that we were even close to davidson at the end of the year? davidson had a pg who led the nation in assists, the best scorer in the country and a bunch of big guys who can play (ask the kansas big guys how good they were). davidson may not be in a bcs league but it was a really good team that could play with anyone this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Maybe you've been sleep most of the tournament. Davidson could easily be in the title game.
    There is a big difference between being in the title game with a shot at winning and losing in the final 8. Davidson had a great run, but they weren't good enough in the end and they never would have won it all.

Check it out - a quote of the original thread.

Championship game: Roy is sitting with the KU crowd...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wearing KU colors, according to John Thompson Sr. commentating for the Westwood One Radio Network.

JT - "I've never seen a coach sit with the team that just sent his team home. He's even wearing their colors."

Then, "The Memphis side has 7 Elvis impersonators."

Bill Raftery, "Maybe the 7 Elvises for Memphis equal 1 Roy Williams for Kansas."

As a competitor, this just pisses me off. I'm sure someone here will tell us that folks like me are bad fans. Get over it.

End this stupid freaking love affair!!! Seriously, I don't think I'd be cool with it if I was a player. I'm at home miserable over a missed opportunity and you're at the game pulling for the guys that just kick our a%^&es.

49-47, Memphis. I am getting the impression that this game is starting to turn Memphis' way. They look fresher, and you know Rose has an extra gear left.

That would help Carolina if anything getting LB.