Thread: Kareem Rush

Kareem Rush

How about the Grizzlies fining Kareem Rush for going to the game tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    How about the Grizzlies fining Kareem Rush for going to the game tonight.
    Pacers.

It was reported in the Indy Star that the Pacers head coach was perfectly fine with him that Kareem leaving. He said that he could never hold someone from going to something like that.

I thought that the NBA never played games on the night of the NCAA championship? I know this used to be true, did something change?
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

For those who do not know what is going on (like me when I first read this) here is a link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/07/sp...tner=TOPIXNEWS

Kareem is a former Mizzou star (I believe under Quinn?) who backs up Dunleavy on the Pacers and Brandon Rush of Kansas is his younger brother. If its true that the Pacers coach said he wouldn't fine him then I definitely laud his compassion.

My fault, I meant Pacers haha. On XM this morning I heard them say that he could go to the game but was going to be fined. Why, I have no clue. The Bulls fined Duhon for missing a shootaround following the Duke-Carolina game March 8th. The Pacers are off tonight anyway I am pretty sure of.

There is no NBA game today, I'd imagine it's for missing practice. The pacers are 3 games back with 5 games left... I don't follow the Pacers much, but it seems like an irresponsible/unprofessional thing to do on KR's part. Having said that, I'd totally do it (go to the final four), too.

Yeah, I agree. If he isn't missing a team event and leaving town for a night to suppourt his little brother, I don't see anything wrong with that. Not like San Antonio is Vegas.

if they fine him, its well worth it... why would you not go, well done kareem

The entire Rush family are basketball studs.

Oldest brother JaRon was supposed to be the best of the bunch and was a top 5 recruit coming out of high school. But, fame really got to him as he was involved in recruiting scandals (the same one that involved Corey Maggette) and had drinking/drug problems. He played 2 years at UCLA before turning pro when he was not ready for it. He never made it to the NBA and is currently an assistant coach at a Kansas City community college. tons of wated talent there. The kid should be a millionaire, for sure.

Kareem was not supposed to be as good as JaRon but was a better shooter. He has made a nice NBA career out of his shooting ability. He too turned pro early, though after his junior season.

Now comes Brandon. There is little question at this point that he too will turn pro early. Brandon projects as a mid-first rounder (like Kareem did).

--Jason "the Rush family is in a hurry to make money, that is for sure" Evans

I'm going to guess the coach said, "It's totally fine if you go, I understand, but we have to fine you due to policy."

It's like taking a day off work when you have no vacation days. No one is mad at you if you have good enough reason, but you're not getting paid.

I remember seeing Rip Hamilton at our (oops, Duke's) game in 2003 in the semis. I thought that in the olden days the pros had off in order to leave the stage for the college kids.
    Does Larry Bird think it's a good idea to fine a player for going to watch his brother?
    Does Larry Bird also have a vineyard that he's promoting? That sounds a bit yucky.