Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Go Kansas

And it would be a nice kick in the teeth to Roy that Kansas wins the NC after he leaves, when he was unable to get it done there.

KU can throw the ball into the post all they want but Arthur is the only one of the four who has any post moves. Jackson, Kaun and Aldrich rely on lobs of the ball screen and penetrations by their fantastic guards.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    That Rush, not Rose, is a good matchup with CDR. Of course, if Rush gets in foul trouble, Kansas becomes very small on the perimeter.

I still think that Kansas's inside game will put a lot of pressure on Memphis's limited frontline, so that's why I'm picking Kansas, but I expect a good and close game.
    Yes - I meant that Rush is a good matchup for CDR. And I agree - if Rush gets in foul trouble, Kansas gets really small. He's the one guy for whom Kansas doesn't have a good backup plan. If he's out, then Kansas goes with three guards, each of whom is 6'1" or smaller.

And I agree that it will be a close game.

Quote Originally Posted by paulie dogs View Post
    And it would be a nice kick in the teeth to Roy that Kansas wins the NC after he leaves, when he was unable to get it done there.
    Well, technically Roy did win a title at UNC, so that probably takes a bit of the sting away from Kansas potentially winning a title without him. Even if it was thanks to Doherty's players.

I am rooting for Kansas, mostly due to the fact if they win, I win my pool. The thing that scares me a little is I thought they made some really careless passes against the Tar Heels. I could see Memphis turning those passes into a fastbreak dunking clinic. I think the depth Kansas has inside could be a big positive against Memphis if they can protect the ball and get it down low. I think Kansas looked mighty quick against the Holes and may have enough speed to stay with the terrific Memphis guards. Should be a great game.

I'm for Kansas

They have some clean cut guys I wish were wearing the same blue but with a different logo....ours. And I like Self....could be our common Illinois roots, I don't know.

But, I do wish somebody could explain the Rock and Chalk part to me. What's that got to do with anything? Or am I just dense?

Love, Ima

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    They have some clean cut guys I wish were wearing the same blue but with a different logo....ours. And I like Self....could be our common Illinois roots, I don't know.

But, I do wish somebody could explain the Rock and Chalk part to me. What's that got to do with anything? Or am I just dense?

Love, Ima
    Ask and ye shall receive.

Pretty much the same info here.
    Last edited by crimsonandblue; 04-07-2008 at 03:18 PM. Reason: another link

rose

Looks like he's good to play tonight (no surprise)

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...-travel-plans/ (Scroll down)

Luckily for Self, Ku and fans that Mr. Rush tore his acl .

Championship- Memphis-Kansas Game Thread

Alright everybody- this is us next year!!

Let's hope. 2001 seems further away each year. I guess thats how time works though.

This could be a truly classic game...

both team seem pretty loose...

early foul trouble for Memphis . . .

Kansas looks shaky to start, playing quickly. They came back nice and now they have to attack Dozier if Memphis is going to leave him in. Big spot here early for both teams.

Rush!!!!!!

Ol' Roy

According to Jim Gray (via radio), Roy Williams is attending the game wearing a Kansas t-shirt. I can't wait to see the reaction from UNC fans, and particularly to see whether people blame Roy's prior association with Kansas for contributing to the loss. More fuel for the fire!

Yeah, this will be a good one. Memphis has really suprised me to get to tonight. However, Kansas just looks so much tougher on the boards and on the interior. Their guards can hang with Memphis. We'll see but I like Kansas in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    According to Jim Gray (via radio), Roy Williams is attending the game wearing a Kansas t-shirt. I can't wait to see the reaction from UNC fans, and particularly to see whether people blame Roy's prior association with Kansas for contributing to the loss. More fuel for the fire!
    No. Way.

Memphis seems to be getting the short end of the stick from the refs tonight...

Also, I foresee some Aldrich domination on the fatboy