ER comes to an end...

NBC will make one last set of rounds at County General for a 15th and final season of ER, but not all the doctors will be around for rotations.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...terstitialskip
    It has been a good show, but I think it is time fir it to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    It has been a good show, but I think it is time fir it to go.
    I gave up on the show at the beginning of this year. I had never missed an episode. It is time for it to be put out to pasture. When Dr. Carter went to Africa, the show was toast.

--Jason "it may have jumped the shark well before that, but I felt it went waay downhill at that point" Evans

I really started losing interest in ER when Carter left also, however I kept watching it because that's what my wife loved to watch at 10 on Thursdays. Thank goodness for DVR! She now watches it by herself.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I gave up on the show at the beginning of this year. I had never missed an episode. It is time for it to be put out to pasture. When Dr. Carter went to Africa, the show was toast.

--Jason "it may have jumped the shark well before that, but I felt it went waay downhill at that point" Evans
    agreed

Now, will NBC put on another game show or some silly reality show in its place or do they have a legitimate show to put in its place?

agreed

Now, will NBC put on another game show or some silly reality show in its place or do they have a legitimate show to put in its place?
    Journeyman... oh, wait. They cancelled that one.

My bet is that NBC will go with a soap/drama kinda show. Perhaps they will attempt to mine the legal genre again (not like Law & Order or CSI, but like LA Law or The Practice) seeing as there are not many of those on TV right now.

--Jason "I have done no research to see what NBC has under development" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Journeyman... oh, wait. They cancelled that one.

My bet is that NBC will go with a soap/drama kinda show. Perhaps they will attempt to mine the legal genre again (not like Law & Order or CSI, but like LA Law or The Practice) seeing as there are not many of those on TV right now.

--Jason "I have done no research to see what NBC has under development" Evans
    I find it sad that what once was the best network on TV seems to have nothing now. How can a network drop so far so fast?

I find it sad that what once was the best network on TV seems to have nothing now. How can a network drop so far so fast?
    At least they got The Office.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    At least they got The Office.
    And My Name Is Earl and Heroes and 30 Rock. That's four good shows to their credit. The peacock isn't quite dead yet.

Although perusing their schedule just now, it's a little funny and a little sad, but fully one third of NBC's programming is Law & Order related. I mean, I like classic L&O as much as the next guy (thanks, TNT!), but gimme a break.