Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game1- Memphis- UCLA Thread

I figured we need a thread to discuss the game since I know many of us are watching it. Thoughts???

Mine are- Derrick Rose is ridiculously good and Kevin Love is wider than he is tall...

First half Memphis 38 UCLA 35

Derrick Rose and Chris Douglas-Roberts are really impressive; what size Memphis has in the backcourt. Still it's only 3 points difference: UCLA got to the foul line. Memphis looks like the better team, but outcome still in doubt.

It seems like Memphis has a little more momentum. They're great when they get out and run. UCLA has done well by keeping it that close. I wonder how Memphis will do at the free throw line - that could decide the game.

Billy Packer so badly wants Kevin Love to be amazing in this game that he has resorted to talking about Love's dominant upper body and amazing ability to stay between the man and the basket (a fundamental ...last time I checked).

One time he said "look at those great hands" and 1 seconds later someone slapped the ball away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    I figured we need a thread to discuss the game since I know many of us are watching it. Thoughts???

Mine are- Derrick Rose is ridiculously good and Kevin Love is wider than he is tall...

Kevin Love reminds me of a guy named Nigel who played for Florida State a few years back.

Is it just me or does Mata-real look a little bit like an alien?

OMG - Kevin Love just got dunked on BADLY....eww...sick...

That was nasty... the Dorsey block too. It is hard to see this Memphis team losing. They are like that UConnvict team that lost to George Mason a couple of years ago... there is so much talent and athleticism that they can only beat themselves with lazy defense and complacency.

Collison forgot to think for one second... sealed the first game of the final four for Memphis...

Derrick Rose isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFan View Post
    Derrick Rose isn't bad.
    Joey Dorsey is an adequate shot-blocker/rebounder.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I miss the David/Goliath Joey Dorsey. He was much more fun.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I am rooting for KU in the next game, but if UNC should win, I think that Memphis-UNC will be an amazing game. I think Memphis might win due to their backcourt, but it won't be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFan View Post
    Derrick Rose isn't bad.
    By the way, they had a discussion about great PG's in the Final Four (esp. freshmen) and didn't mention Bobby Hurley!

3 Final Fours---reached the final game his first 3 years, 2 championships, 5-1 record in the Final Four. Played 40 minutes each game in 1991, and 37 minutes each game in 1992. What a great, clutch player!

The way Memphis is playing, I don't see them losing. They are really, really good.

rock choke bruins...

Long athletic guards and a stong presence inside. UCLA looked like it didn't belong in the final four.

Love-Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    [/B]
    Kevin Love reminds me of a guy named Nigel who played for Florida State a few years back.
    No one that I have seen in recent years has been as big as Nigel Dixon. I think at some point in his stay at f$u he was about 350 pounds but 'slimmed down' to a svelte 300-320 later in his career. I think he was about 6'10" also(tall not wide ).

Anyone still believe that Memphis was hurt by playing in a weaker conference?