Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alleva to LSU

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    alleva gone? good riddance?

ozzie in? i'm there.
    Thank you for your support! Let the mail campaign to Talman Trask begin.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Can I serve in your administration? (bold added below)

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Let the search begin and end RIGHT HERE!

Someone above said don't hire someone from within. I agree. Let's hire someone from the outside of the current administration who knows and understands Duke, the Duke way, what's right with Duke sports and what's not, and where we want to be in 10 years and beyond. And someone who won't use this job as a stepping stone to another job. My first hire as AD would be DukeTaylor to handle fund raising activities.

I'll brush up the old resume' and send in my application over the weekend. I need y'all to start a right in campaign for me!

And please, no jokes about installing Bud Light taps in Cameron and Wallace Wade. That isn't going to happen.

I'll be glad to "write" in for you - not sure if you are "right" for the position. But if you get it, I will be glad to be your proof reader.

Ozzie, I accept and will put my house on the market this week. Gotta break it to the wifey Don't care what it pays, seriously. My hearts been in Derm for a long, long time. Dr Vilseck will get the first soliciting call.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'll be glad to "write" in for you - not sure if you are "right" for the position. But if you get it, I will be glad to be your proof reader.
    I am sure that for Ozzie this will be a "rite" of passage.

BWAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!

The LSU fanbase is insane.

Not "Oh, those wacky Cajuns!" insane or "My they get loud at football games" insane, but literally, unequivocally, bat s**t insane. Approaching Kentucky levels of insanity.

Good luck, Joe. You're going to need it.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Let the search begin and end RIGHT HERE!

Someone above said don't hire someone from within. I agree. Let's hire someone from the outside of the current administration who knows and understands Duke, the Duke way, what's right with Duke sports and what's not, and where we want to be in 10 years and beyond. And someone who won't use this job as a stepping stone to another job. My first hire as AD would be DukeTaylor to handle fund raising activities.

I'll brush up the old resume' and send in my application over the weekend. I need y'all to start a right in campaign for me!

And please, no jokes about installing Bud Light taps in Cameron and Wallace Wade. That isn't going to happen.
    Hey, just keep the Mike Sobb in as the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing...he's my little sister's basketball coach!

Talking 1 Vote for John Feinstein

Interesting news - may have more impact than the casual fans realize.

I vote for John Feinstein for the new Duke Athletic Director! Hell, he's been saying for years that he could do better than "Coach-K's Racquetball buddy" and do so "with two hands tied behind (my) back..."

Well, seems to me, this is his big chance....

Failing John, I would disagree with the poster who argued for an internal candidate. That only worked to mixed results last time. I'd like to see us bring in some new blood and ideas, and I'm sure that there are some very qualified, experienced candidates out there, as Duke has to be viewed as a fairly attractive and visible slot. Wouldn't mind seeing someone coming from someplace with a significant football program, given our apparent new direction on that side. Hey, who's the AD at Tenn? I liked our last hire from there! I'm sure they'll have a search committee put together post-haste. But who might some of the appropriate candidates be?

Any concerns about how this could affect K's longevity at Duke? Given his closeness to Joe, I would hope the new selection is a comfortable one for Mike.

-BDBD

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    He must have been extremely impressive in the interview. I wonder what the LSU hiring committee's take on Alleva's actions during the lacrosse mess is.
    He probably told them he had no personal scruples that would get in the way of him being a bagman for whatever the LSU president told him to do.

Any chances of Duke hiring a woman? Joan Cronan (Tenn), Debbie Yow (MD), or Chris Plonsky (Texas) would be awesome!

It's Official

It's posted on the LSU website. Not sure how to do a link, but go to www.LSU.edu

It's done.

GG,LC.

How are we going to find another drunken sailor?

Not to worry, just sub golfer for sailor

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Ozzie and duketaylor:

We need to know who is going to be at the top of the ticket for write-in campaign. Kinda like Hillary and Obama.

Smile Ozzie is choice #1; who is #2?

How about an unemployed former NBA person, Billy King?

We can play this game all day, but what will Feinstein write tomorrow?

Right Here, Right Now ... Vote for Ozzie!!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    How about an unemployed former NBA person, Billy King?
    SUPER idea!!!!!!! Bless your heart!
    Love, Ima

Happy Days are here again the sun is finally shinning once again in Durham on Duke!!!

OZ and DukeTaylor co AD's!! Woo Hooo!!

Didn't he have baggage when he came

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    alleva gone? good riddance?

ozzie in? i'm there.

I swear I read that he was involved in another politically correct situation similar to the Lacrosse case, at his previous employment. Was it Tufts University where he was involved in the expulsion of a student who was studying and was being interrupted by some girls celebrating outside? The student yelled down to them to tone it down. They didn't and he yelled down a second time to keep it quiet you water buffalos. They put him up for expulsion because water buffalos can be found in Africa as well as Asia and some of the loud girls were black. He was considered as having made racist remarks but when the media got hold of it and made a mockery of the school administration they had to reinstate the kid. I thought Alleva was front and center in that situation and that probably got him into Duke, with the support of the group of 88. Am I all wet in that? I thought I read it in some book. Maybe it was "Guilty until proven Innocent".

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    I swear I read that he was involved in another politically correct situation similar to the Lacrosse case, at his previous employment. Was it Tufts University where he was involved in the expulsion of a student who was studying and was being interrupted by some girls celebrating outside? The student yelled down to them to tone it down. They didn't and he yelled down a second time to keep it quiet you water buffalos. They put him up for expulsion because water buffalos can be found in Africa as well as Asia and some of the loud girls were black. He was considered as having made racist remarks but when the media got hold of it and made a mockery of the school administration they had to reinstate the kid. I thought Alleva was front and center in that situation and that probably got him into Duke, with the support of the group of 88. Am I all wet in that? I thought I read it in some book. Maybe it was "Guilty until proven Innocent".
    I believe you're thinking of Larry Moneta.