Thread: Samantha Who?

Samantha Who?

In case anyone has not noticed, i live TV. Most sitcomes dopn't make me laugh anymore but "Samantha Who" did.

Is it coming back?

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    In case anyone has not noticed, i live TV. Most sitcomes dopn't make me laugh anymore but "Samantha Who" did.

Is it coming back?
    It is supposed to come back next week and has been picked up for next year. From what I understand, it was the highest rated new sitcom over its first several episodes.

The Big Bang Theory is also good. I didn't think I'd like it but for some reason I do. It can be rather charming at times.

I am digging Samantha who. I agree - is one of the rare new sitcoms that make me laugh.

I can't get into Big Bang - it seems ot be trying too hard to point out its smart humor to the audience. I compare that Arrested Development where they put very smart humor out and either you got it or didn't.

Speaking of sitcoms, did anyone catch the last 30 seconds of HIMYM this week? One of the best TV moments of the year!

Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    It is supposed to come back next week and has been picked up for next year. From what I understand, it was the highest rated new sitcom over its first several episodes.

The Big Bang Theory is also good. I didn't think I'd like it but for some reason I do. It can be rather charming at times.
    Agreed...The Big Bang Theory is good but it doens't make my LOL like Samantha Who.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    I am digging Samantha who. I agree - is one of the rare new sitcoms that make me laugh.

I can't get into Big Bang - it seems ot be trying too hard to point out its smart humor to the audience. I compare that Arrested Development where they put very smart humor out and either you got it or didn't.

Speaking of sitcoms, did anyone catch the last 30 seconds of HIMYM this week? One of the best TV moments of the year!

Exiled
    Please don't compare Big Bang to AD. Arrested Development is legitimately a top-3 show of the 2000s, if not #1. I tried to get into Big Bang, and while it was amusing at times, it was not nearly as clever, self-referential and -deprecating in as witty a way as AD. Plus I really find the studio backdrop in shows like BB to be grating in this day and age. Just rent an apartment and film there, instead of the constructed sets with only one visible room to each apartment.