View Poll Results: Who do you want to win the title?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • UCLA

2 5.41%
  • Memphis

7 18.92%
  • Kansas

26 70.27%
  • Other

2 5.41%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2008 Champions- Who Do You Want?

So who do you want and why?

Memphis

UCLA

Kansas

The Holes (explain yourself)

So tough, but I guess based on the fact that I have a dislike for either the school, coach, or program for everyone but UCLA, I will have to go with UCLA.

UNC: in the words of my best friend "yea right dude"
    Memphis: Calipari = slimeball
    Kansas: get a smaller logo on ur court slash "yea right dude"

UCLA: I'm not fond of love, but whatever. Howland seems like a good guy they seem like a respectable, clean program.

when do the olympics start?

Abc.

Kansas

Kansas because:

I hate UNC and Tyler Hanstravel.

UCLA is from the west coast and I got sick of hearing how good the Pac 10 was this year.

I am not a big fan of Calipari or his thugs, especially Joey Dorsey. It might have something to do with being from Ohio and the comments he made about Greg Oden last year in the tournament.

Bill Self deserves a break.

Go Jayhawks.

My preference for winning:

Kansas > Memphis > UCLA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>(infinity)>>>>>>>>> UNC

It's all about coaches for me-

RoyWill- Well gall darn I just plum hate that son of a hounddog
    Calipari- Tied for biggest sleaze in coaching (Huggins is right there with him)
    Self- Decent guy who needs a break
    Howland- Certainly the best coaching mind left in the tourney, but the more success he has, the more people will talk about UCLA returning to dominance and taking over where Wooden left off. The more they will talk about UCLA as the dominant program in basketball and I kind of like that we have that title (whether its true or not and despite the accompanying hate). I'd much rather he just fall short again and get that rep for being unable to get over the hump.

Go Jayhawks

(plus are there any guys on that team you don't like...? not really)

The only way I can win my bracket right now is if Memphis beats Kansas in the final game (I picked Duke over Kansas, currently lead the brackets, and nobody has Memphis winning it all). My order of preference goes Memphis > Kansas > UCLA > firestorm and earthquake > UNC

kansas or ucla. memphis, meh. no 'holes, no how.

UNC

I always root for the ACC

Plus I dislike Calipari and the thugs he recruits

Don't like Kansas because of our most recent history with them in the tournament, plus Bill Self is overrated

Don't like UCLA because Kevin Love is a pompous pottymouth!pottymouth!pottymouth!pottymouth!pottym outh!pottymouth!pottymouth!; take his basketball talent away from him and you're left with shear pottymouth!pottymouth!pottymouth!pottymouth!pottym outh!pottymouth!pottymouth!.

These are certainly not my top 4 preferred options, but I'd have to go with UCLA. Their dynasty is far enough removed that there's not much of a connection to their current program, and there's just nothing to dislike about their current program really, though I'd like to find something. Give me 4 different final four teams and there's a good chance UCLA would be on the bottom, though, since they're probably around #10 on my list of top schools I never want to see win it all.

Kansas: Rock, chalk, obnoxious. I've seen too many fans in person. As soon as they win one they'll be so much better than Duke that it will be intolerable.

UNC: #1 on aforementioned list, plus they'd have two since we last won one.

Memphis: Absolutely sleazy coach, though I can't blame a bunch of players who have no choice but to play college ball if they ever want to make it in the NBA. They'd be my second choice behind UCLA just because I'd like to see if it would stir any conversation about a school with a zero percent graduation rate winning the NCAA title.

Memphis

I like their game and I like the way Derrick Rose, in particular, is playing. Not a Calipari fan, but not a fan of the other programs, either.

I pick Kansas, because I think they have the best shot at beating UNC. However, I would really like to see UNC-Memphis. Overall, my choices would be Kansas, UCLA, UNC, Memphis (because I really don't like Memphis or its coach).

Why doesn't everyone harbor an irrational, unfounded, uncompromising hatred for Kansas like I do?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    I like the way Derrick Rose, in particular, is playing.
    Me too. He is SICK. I'd take him 1st in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Why doesn't everyone harbor an irrational, unfounded, uncompromising hatred for Kansas like I do?
    I think a better question is why do you?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Well... they just haven't won in a long time... not since Danny Manning carried them all the way and he was kind of likable. Plus, Since they last won, both Carolina and UCLA have gotten a championship... or two (sour face). Plus, we beat the crap out of them in 91'. For whatever reason, people just don't think of them as a dominant program as much anymore. That is my best guess.

Wink

i know who I want to win in 2009.......

I don't really have any fondness for any of these teams, but I'd like to see Kansas beat UNC. I think Memphis has the best chance of winning it all.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk. But really anyone but the holes.

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    I think a better question is why do you?
    I don't know. I really don't. As I said its irrational and unfounded. But as I said, its also uncompromising, so even if I can't explain it, it will always be there.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    Well... they just haven't won in a long time...
    yea but they beat us in the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben63 View Post
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk. But really anyone but the holes.
    Change your sig, bro. King is GONE