Thread: Charlie Board

Charlie Board

For a long-time ACC fan, I’ve always enjoyed going to Charlie Board (see DBR links at top of page) to look up stats, awards, standings, boxscores and a whole host of records for the ACC from 1954 through 2002. Other sites, such as SCACCHoops, have picked up the historical stats and a couple of other sites have Duke historical data but Charlie Board remains the best source for ACC historical data, IMO.

I bring this up because a few weeks ago I tried the link and it didn’t work. I tried it a few more times over a couple of weeks and it appeared that the site no longer existed. This left me to use my memory (dangerous and often ineffective) or to try a complicated internet search to get ACC historical data. Well, I tried the link again this morning and I’m happy to report that Charlie Board is back. I note that he gives a big thanks to James Armstrong for the web space. I want to thank both Charlie and James for their hard work and being back. Besides being one of the owners, the software guru for DBR for many years, and a frequent participant on the boards, James was one of the first to take part in the early college basketball internet discussions as a fervent Duke supporter (those were the days!).

gw67

charlie board

Y-E-E-S-S-S-S!

I had given up after more a dozen attempts to access Mr. Board's site over the last few months. I thought it was dead and gone.

I agree that it is a GREAT resource for ACC basketball fans.

Thanks Charlie ... and thanks James for helping getting it up and running again ... and thanks gw67 for letting us know that CB's back!

This is very good news. The only thing I ever found strange was that in the old box scores, the players are always listed on the opposite team. Ever notice that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    This is very good news. The only thing I ever found strange was that in the old box scores, the players are always listed on the opposite team. Ever notice that?
    Well, technically they are not listed for the opposite team. It is that they are listed showing the opponent they played that game.

Still, I agree, it is sometimes strange to look up and think for a moment that David Thompson played for Maryland or that Ralph Sampson was a Clemson Tiger.

--Jason "Charlie's site (hosted by James) rocks!!" Evans