Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shane was not a Que. He was in the step show, but that doesn't mean he was in a frat. He also was in the DUI (Duke University Improv) Big Show, but that doesn't mean he was a member.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

John Smith pledged Omega, and was on line during basketball season (although he wasn't treated as badly as his fellow pledges, as I recall). His Omega brand was visible when he played.

The Qs! Don't tell me the Qs were disbanded at Duke!! Loved those guys...

I remember Ricky Price was in one of the step shows, wearing the frat colors, scarf and everything. I just assumed he was in the fraternity, but maybe he just came to dance.

Quote Originally Posted by bludev03 View Post
    On a side note, how can you be in a frat w/o pledging??
    You can't if its a real frat.

On another side note: Duhon started up a "Frat" called Phi Drinka Forty where the initiation involved drinking several forties and then doing something really stupid like jumping off the 2nd floor balcony of Duhon's Central apt. They made hats that said PDF on the front and then had their nicknames on the back (i.e. CDoo) JJ was a proud member.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post

On another side note: Duhon started up a "Frat" called Phi Drinka Forty where the initiation involved drinking several forties and then doing something really stupid like jumping off the 2nd floor balcony of Duhon's Central apt. They made hats that said PDF on the front and then had their nicknames on the back (i.e. CDoo) JJ was a proud member.
    That is the coolest thing I have ever heard. Though I suppose this kind of thing isn't exactly good for Duke's reputation when it gets out into the public.

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    He was in the step show, but that doesn't mean he was in a frat.
    Nobody said it did...

Are you serious?

If you are; (Though probably shouldn't), I find that really, really FUNNY!

Duhon and JJ were also notoriously dominant beer pong players ("beirut" for you northeasterners). Sometimes they would jump on a table and not get knocked off it for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    Nobody said it did...
    I was referring to the following...

Yep, he was in the step show in 2001... which drew quite a large crowd, and bludev3, like I said (you actually quoted it) they CANNOT pledge.
    Quoting...
    Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    FWIW, according to this alumni list, Shane belongs to Phi Psi, which I think was disbanded at Duke around 2002. (googling...) Yup, 2001 it seems.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Duhon and JJ were also notoriously dominant beer pong players ("beirut" for you northeasterners). Sometimes they would jump on a table and not get knocked off it for hours.
    Duhon was ridiculous but JJ was just good. I am only OK and I beat JJ several times.

The funniest thing is that Duhon had this 3 page list of rules you had to read and then acknowledge via signature that you had read them. This was primarily b/c they had several rules that if broken, required a "naked run" (where the person takes off all their clothes and runs around the apt building). It was usually stuff like "not re-racking at 6 cups" or if the "opponent hit all their cups before you get a re-rack." People would do this stuff all the time and then try and back out of their naked run so duhon made people sign that they read the rules and then hold them to that. My buddy had to do a naked run once and as soon as he took off Casey Sanders came down and stole his pants so when he got back he would still be naked. good times...

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    Are you serious?

If you are; (Though probably shouldn't), I find that really, really FUNNY!
    yes I am. its very, very funny.

Duhon was ridiculous but JJ was just good. I am only OK and I beat JJ several times.

The funniest thing is that Duhon had this 3 page list of rules you had to read and then acknowledge via signature that you had read them. This was primarily b/c they had several rules that if broken, required a "naked run" (where the person takes off all their clothes and runs around the apt building). It was usually stuff like "not re-racking at 6 cups" or if the "opponent hit all their cups before you get a re-rack." People would do this stuff all the time and then try and back out of their naked run so Duhon made people sign that they read the rules and then hold them to that. My buddy had to do a naked run once and as soon as he took off Casey Sanders came down and stole his pants so when he got back he would still be naked. good times...

yes I am. its very, very funny.
    Ah...the naked run...I've narrowly avoided a few of those myself.

Thats the one thing that makes me wish I was at a major D1 college where sports is big time...getting to get in on stuff like that with the athletes...taking on Duhon and JJ in pong would've been absolutely the best thing that ever happened to me. I would've gotten dominated (I'm definitely no better than average) but it'd be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Ah...the naked run...I've narrowly avoided a few of those myself.

Thats the one thing that makes me wish I was at a major D1 college where sports is big time...getting to get in on stuff like that with the athletes...taking on Duhon and JJ in pong would've been absolutely the best thing that ever happened to me. I would've gotten dominated (I'm definitely no better than average) but it'd be worth it.
    I think I prefer just playing pick-up with the players in Card Gym, not that there is anything wrong with beer pong or naked runs.