Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beastie Boys...

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    BillyBreen, some of your personality traits are so close to mine it scares me. I had a chance to go to the Intergalactic show in Atlanta and missed out. It's a huge regret to this day.
    Heh, good company, my friend.

The Beasties are good for everyone!!

Beastie Boys DBR trivia

My teenager was recently alarmed to discover that I have a Beaste Boys CD - License to Ill. It doesn't fit with his view of his mom I guess for me to have that.

Trivia question - I got the CD due to a persistent referece to one of the song's lyrics here on the DBR during the 2001 basketball season. What was the song and lyric?

Quote Originally Posted by merry View Post
    My teenager was recently alarmed to discover that I have a Beaste Boys CD - License to Ill. It doesn't fit with his view of his mom I guess for me to have that.

Trivia question - I got the CD due to a persistent referece to one of the song's lyrics here on the DBR during the 2001 basketball season. What was the song and lyric?
    Mike D come on and rock the sure shot!

I remember that thread, that's the first time I heard Time of the Season

I’m a B-Boy ‘til I die. Paul's Boutique is one of my top-10 hip hop albums of all time. No doubt.

----

On Another Hip-Hop Note: My wife and I were ecstatic to see Prince Paul (classic hip-hop producer) is producing a kiddie hip-hop album. http://www.newsweek.com/id/130145.

We already have classical, pop, soul, ambient, rock, jazz, downtempo & blues music loaded on our baby room MP3 player (Grant Cameron Henderson is due July 08), but I was having a hard time putting together a nice selection of hip-hop. 80% of my initial hip-hop (and rock) selections was vetoed by my wife. Thank goodness for Prince Paul and the Dino 5!

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    Mike D come on and rock the sure shot!

I remember that thread, that's the first time I heard Time of the Season
    Also Paul Revere "Get ready, cause this ain't funny, my name's Mike D and I'm about to get money"

I remember someone saying that it would be bad to use that lyric because it might imply something that would be viewed as an NCAA violation.

Quote Originally Posted by merry View Post
    I remember someone saying that it would be bad to use that lyric because it might imply something that would be viewed as an NCAA violation.
    That reminds me of this picture

I can't find the edited version, but I remember they edited this picture with Mike D dressed as a ref, holding a fistful of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    That reminds me of this picture

I can't find the edited version, but I remember they edited this picture with Mike D holding a fistful of cash.
    Yep, my Carolina fan coworker sent me the edited version the day after our win. Bad people.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Anyone seen the Beasties live?
    I saw them at Lollapalooza '94.
    I saw them that at Walnut Creek that year too. My friends and I skipped the first two days of school to see the show. It was a shame that they preceded the Smashing Pumpkins because there was no way the Pumpkins could've ever outplayed the Beasties. That show was phenomenal; one of those defining moments.