Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jyuwono View Post
    We are all on the same train, just looking in different directions.
    Of which there can be more than two.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

2. True, but generalizing by the most common lines is easier to write and easier to understand.

I think it was George Carlin who said something like:
    The glass isn't half empty or half full....the glass to too damn big and there's too much stuff in the glass (only he didn't say stuff).

The easy answer is that the glass is both half-full and half-empty (and by definition, if it is one it would have to be the other as well, right?).

The positive: we remain one of the top programs in the country, a perennial top-10 team, winning 25+ games almost every year. We have assembled a fine collection of players who play the game the right way, stay out of trouble off the court, and represent the university very well. We have a HOF coach who will be knocking on the door of the all-time wins record within the next 4-5 years.

The negative: we have a very undersized team and are having difficulty recruiting blue-chip post players. Our style of play, though it was always perimeter-based, has become increasingly so over the last few years, to the point that we have difficulty playing through poor shooting nights and are susceptible to wearing down late in the season. Our last three postseasons have ended in disappointing losses to lower seeds in the NCAA Tournament.

Pointing out one side of the coin does not mean one is blind to the other side.

Wink I'm an Optimist

I'm pulling for the US to win Olympic Gold, and I expect them to do so.

This will have indirect effects at Duke, of course, because of the credit given to K and the more corporate and disciplined approach to the Games.

sagegrouse
    'I'm getting too old to wait seven months until hoops start again -- I need an interim goal!'

poost problems

Half full but we must address our problems in the post. coach K and the team did well with the talent they had but next year if he remains health z should make a big impact

The glass is half full, but there may be some cracks/leaks in it.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by MIKESJ73 View Post
    Duke died again in 2000. Brand, Magette, and Avery all left early. Taymon and Trajan graduated. Burgess transferred one year after Chappell. We only had three scholarship players (non of whom had averaged double figures). It only took one year before another banner hung from Cameron.
    Uh, this was 1999, not 2000. You mean we only had three scholarship players returning? I'm not sure if we were exactly "dead" at any point that year. Are you saying that people like Curry Kirkpatrick were saying we were dead?

Sorry

I was ranting while doing something else, sorry to be unclear. My point was Taylor King transferring and losing in the second round is not the death of our program.

I was referring to the 2000 team leading into the season and starting 0-2. We had to give Andre Buckner a scholarship so we would have a backup PG. He hadn't signed because he didn't have any other offers. Carrawell, Battier, and James were really unproven at that point. There was definately talk of the dynasty ending.