Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Unhappy Contract details

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    Any idea how much longer his contract is?
    He is making $15 million in the last year of his eight-year contract.
    http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...403.html?imw=Y

He is now on the DL.

Blechh,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by CMS2478 View Post
    Are they not televising ANY games on TBS anymore. If so that really sucks.
    No they're not, and yes it sucks. For the first time, the Braves and TBS are owned by two different entities.

There will be about 110 games on FSN and SportSouth this year, though, and the home games are all in hi-def.

I was pleasantly surprised by Time-Warner to find the last couple of Braves home games on Fox Sports South HD. It must be a newly added channel because I can't find it on the 2008 Time-Warner channel list for Alamance-Guilford counties. I do miss hearing Chip Carey on TBS calling the Braves games, but the HD really looks good.
    Tom Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    No they're not, and yes it sucks. For the first time, the Braves and TBS are owned by two different entities.

There will be about 110 games on FSN and SportSouth this year, though, and the home games are all in hi-def.
    For some reason, I never get the games on FSN. The guide on my cable says Braves Baseball @ 7pm or whatever, but then at 7:00 it's something totally different. I only get the Nationals games. (I guess bc they are closer???)

That is odd, because the Nationals are usually on MASN instead. My dad lives in Fayetteville and tells me the Braves FS games are blacked out in his area for some reason. Maybe you're experiencing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CMS2478 View Post
    For some reason, I never get the games on FSN. The guide on my cable says Braves Baseball @ 7pm or whatever, but then at 7:00 it's something totally different. I only get the Nationals games. (I guess bc they are closer???)
    I can't get them either.

Bravos rained out tonight. That is probably a good thing...a chance to give the bullpen some much needed rest.

Will Smoltz still face Santana on Sunday or will all the starts be pushed back one day?
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Red face Glavine vs. Santana

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Bravos rained out tonight. That is probably a good thing...a chance to give the bullpen some much needed rest.

Will Smoltz still face Santana on Sunday or will all the starts be pushed back one day?
    Games will be made up later in May as part of a split doubleheader.

Cox will NOT adjust his rotation, so Glavine (originally scheduled to pitch Saturday) will now pitch against Santana on Sunday.

Here are details:http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...nout_0405.html
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I spoke too soon. (And Ymo's pointless taunting was also too soon).
    Is it taunting if its the truth? Actually I am a Dodgers fan much more than a Sox fan as I only recently moved up to the Boston area and my Dodgers roots go back to early childhood(and yes I still hurt over 1991). And as I post, the Bravos are 1-3...perhaps I gave them too much at one week.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Is it taunting if its the truth? Actually I am a Dodgers fan much more than a Sox fan as I only recently moved up to the Boston area and my Dodgers roots go back to early childhood(and yes I still hurt over 1991). And as I post, the Bravos are 1-3...perhaps I gave them too much at one week.
    ahhh . . . 1991. Despite being at Duke during the 2001 Championship, that might be my all time favorite sports season. Yea, we lost in the WS (I still have not forgiven Kent Hrbek, and there is no athlete whose name causes me to get riled up more than his), but the night to night drama was more than a 9 year old kid could handle. I couldnt always stay up for the entire game, especially the west coast games, and I clearly remember that the first thing I asked my mom every morning when I woke up was whether the Braves won. Second thing I asked was whether the Dodgers lost!
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Exclamation Smoltz pitching after all

Smoltz vs. Santana today!
    http://www.ajc.com/braves/content/sp...urst_0405.html

Cheers,
    Lavabe

boy - I really hope its not going to be like that with Soriano all season. He looked completely indifferent on the mound there. Thank goodness Tex bailed him out after coming up with the huge hr in the bottom of the 8th.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Talking Sweep the Mets

Braves take 2 over the Mutts, winning today when Santana started.

Tex hits a homer in the 8th.

Nice game. Hope Smoltz can last longer next time.

I wonder if Wilson was at the game?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Braves take 2 over the Mutts, winning today when Santana started.

Tex hits a homer in the 8th.

Nice game. Hope Smoltz can last longer next time.

I wonder if Wilson was at the game?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    If the Braves continue to use that rascist name, then I think PETA should protest calling my team the "Mutts"!

No matter how they play! Thankfully there's a LOT of games to go.

Smile Great starting pitching today

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    If the Braves continue to use that rascist name, then I think PETA should protest calling my team the "Mutts"!

No matter how they play! Thankfully there's a LOT of games to go.
    I grew up in Mets/Yanks country (better known as northern New Jersey), so I can't help but root against the Jest, the Gints, the Crankees, and the Pond Scum (whoops ... that's the St. Louis term for the Mets).

Egads! It just dawned on me that my move to Kentucky takes me out of MLB territory. I guess the Reds would be the closest town.

CANNOT root for the Reds.

Here's to a nice long season!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

This is getting old quick!

Braves lose by one run again by giving up a two run homer in the bottom of the eighth at Colorado. Second start in a row the Glavine has pitched great only to see the pen blow it for him. The bullpen needs to get their act together quickly or we are going to be in a big hole.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Umm, the Braves lost by one run again tonight.

At some point this is going to really start to bother me.

-Jason "but not yet" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

My Metsies are already bothering me. Think Willie will make through the All-Star break? (Sorry if I'm changing subject, but to me these teams are linked...)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

I've felt for a long time that the problem lies in the fact that instead of playing basic ABC baseball Bobby manages for the "big inning' and if it doesn't come they don't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    I've felt for a long time that the problem lies in the fact that instead of playing basic ABC baseball Bobby manages for the "big inning' and if it doesn't come they don't win.
    That's not a problem.