Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Some news re: Alleva

Joe Alleva is one of six finalists for the athletic director's position at Louisiana State.

Will have a statement from Alleva for you all soon.

And no, this is not an April Fool's joke.

The other finalists are as follows: Former Florida State Athletic Director Dave Hart, Jr.; LSU senior associate athletic director Verge Ausberry; Florida Atlantic Athletic Director Craig Angelo; Deputy athletic director Rob Mullens of Kentucky; LSU senior associate athletic director Herb Vincent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Joe Alleva is one of six finalists for the athletic director's position at Louisiana State.

Gee, Mike, you're getting all our hopes up. Better not be an April Fool's joke. And you made me go and change my signature again!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Why would Alleva leave for LSU?

Hi,

I just think he has no reason to want to leave. He won't be treated as well there as he is here. Even a few more shekels probably does not justify it. I would be shocked if he went to LSU.

GO DUKE!

A "few more" shekels? Gotta think LSU is way more willing to throw money around at an AD than Duke is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post

The other finalists are as follows: Former Florida State Athletic Director Dave Hart, Jr.; LSU senior associate athletic director Verge Ausberry; Florida Atlantic Athletic Director Craig Angelo; Deputy athletic director Rob Mullens of Kentucky; LSU senior associate athletic director Herb Vincent.
    Sounds like they want to go with one of the inside candidates, but want to go through the motions of a national search.

What the hell is LSU smoking?

Agree with Duvall. This seems like an effort to "construct" a search process...one where you have a preordained choice.

Am surprised though that LSU is so public about their finalists though given that they have two internal candidates. Could be touchy for athletic department's day-to-day functioning. Maybe this is a requirement since it's a public university?

Sure wish I could believe that Alleva has a serious shot at this.

Why in the world would LSU, a perennial football powerhouse (arguably the best team in the SEC) want an athletic director who directed one of the worst football programs in the nation? I know we've discussed ad nauseum whether the football team's woes are really Alleva's fault, but really... can you see LSU fans/alumni going for this? No way. They've already got their guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius07 View Post
    A "few more" shekels? Gotta think LSU is way more willing to throw money around at an AD than Duke is.
    I think LSU pays in Louis, not in Shekels.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

The Coach Cut hire may go a way to wards his hire - but not enough. All the SEC teams need someone to "cover" for their athletes and not throw them under the bus - as per the LAX affair. He won't get hired.

http://www.wral.com/sports/story/2661858/

He's interviewing Wednesday for the position. A friend of mine saw him at RDU today on his way. I'm crossing my fingers.

Look, I was as hard on Aleva as anyone. But the Cutcliffe hire was strong and he hasn't screwed up the hoops programs. The only real negative -- the lacrosse fiasco -- was botched from the Allen Building on down.

I'm not a huge Aleva fan, but by the same token I'm over wanting him gone gone gone.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Look, I was as hard on Aleva as anyone. But the Cutcliffe hire was strong and he hasn't screwed up the hoops programs. The only real negative -- the lacrosse fiasco -- was botched from the Allen Building on down.

I'm not a huge Aleva fan, but by the same token I'm over wanting him gone gone gone.
    If some institution is willing to take him off our hands, it presents the opportunity for a big upgrade if Duke is willing to seriously look outside its own house(a couple of big ifs).

Want some more information?

If you're interested in learning more about the applicants, who's being interviewed, what their resumes look like, try this link: http://www.lsu.edu/pa/mediacenter/nr...plicants.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    If you're interested in learning more about the applicants, who's being interviewed, what their resumes look like, try this link: http://www.lsu.edu/pa/mediacenter/nr...plicants.shtml
    Dave Hart's resume seems to be incomplete - I don't see "Ruined Atlantic Coast Conference" on there anywhere.

update

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

"I spoke with New Orleans Times-Picayune staff writer Jim Kleinpeter, who attended the interviews which were open to the public. He said Alleva answered a number of pointed questions about how he handled the Duke lacrosse situation."

I think this is a ploy to hire Alleva as AD so they can hire Wojo as their new head bball coach.

A trend

Since Alleva was also a candidate for the AD job at the University of Miami, I wonder if this is part of a concerted effort to find another position.

This is great! "Husband of weezie," a Duke grad but an lsu childhood indoctrinee
    (he can't help it, grew up in Shrevepatch) is delighted that the tigers might have to suffer for their Les Miles offensive call playing shortcomings by hiring Mr Speedboat Pilot as their AD. Where can hubby send money to the HIRE ALLEVA fund?
    Hubby would also like to know if weezie can be hired for the Duke AD position soon?

Sweeeet!

The scoop from the Bayou

According to LSU recruiting website Dandy Don:
    http://dandydon.com/

"In other LSU news, the athletic director search committee is expected to present one or two names to the LSU Board of Supervisors and a new AD will probably be named Friday. According to what I am hearing, LSU associate AD Verge Ausberry and former FSU athletic director David Hart are the front runners. I do not know anything about Hart. I have known and have been friends with Ausberry for many years and I believe he would be a great hire. I am also hearing that Joe Alleva from Duke is a very impressive candidate. "