Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mojo View Post
P-p-p-p-p-p-pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase have KU bring their A++ game Saturday. . . . .I am so sick of hearing these arrogant unc fans spout on and on and on about how great their team is. I work with a guy (good guy past his unfortunate choice in supporting the evil empire) who proclaims that "when (we) win the tournament, Roy will have to be spoken of as being as great as Wooden." I laughed and said he needed some aspirin for his fever or some pencillin to kill whatever he's got in him that's warping his brain that badly, but this has been a sentiment I'm hearing more of. Also, someone give Mark Packer's radio show a listen-to sometime; there's a special brand of idiotic unc fans who call that show. Rarely have I wanted their team to lose as badly as I do now. Given, I always want them to lose but this is about as bad as their fans have been in about 10 years (when Jamison & chest-thumper were there).
How Kansas wins Saturday:
-Kansas comes out wanting to look better than against Davidson. Gminski was on a local radio talk show over the last 2 days and at one point said that Kansas looked like they were afraid of losing to the Wildcats, and were way too tense, what with everyone wanting Davidson to pull the upset, and in spite of that, they held DC to far fewer points than their average, to say nothing of Curry.
-UNC can't possibly play-again- at the level they were last weekend, as all cylinders were clicking, and I don't think they've done that for a consistent period over the entire season, even before Lawson was injured. Plus, they won't be in the same time zone as Chapel Hill, and there won't be 'leventy thousand fans yelling for them. I just feel that the heels are due for a less than perfect game, and Kansas has the horses to take advantage, unlike WSU, Arkansas -who just didn't show up.
-The intangibles: Kanss fans don't like Roy anymore, even though these players weren't recruited by him. It also seems that the sports press has gushed over UNC all year, and Kansas hasn't gotten the love on ESPN that UNC has. Maybe these guys want to show everyone that they are just as good?
Just my opinions; have at it: discuss among yourselves.