Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukie's_daughter View Post
    My family is headed to the OBX (Kill Devil Hills)...never been there before. Can't wait to be in Eastern NC and get some que. Where do we go? I know y'all are the ones that can help me! TIA
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/parkers-barbecue-wilson

or

http://www.yelp.com/biz/wilbers-barbeque-goldsboro

These are my two favorites in eastern NC, if you happen to be driving this way. Not sure of your route though.

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Cool. Lets have your report on the ribs, pulled pork, and the sides---especially the slaw, mac and cheese, and mud pie. Yuuuuuum.

ricks
    This was my first Moe's experience...It was delicious! The Que was tender (had it Bama style), the slaw was fantastic, the cornbread was good, the potato salad was great...and that banana puddin was no joke! I'll be back.

Outer Banks

Quote Originally Posted by dukie's_daughter View Post
    My family is headed to the OBX (Kill Devil Hills)...never been there before. Can't wait to be in Eastern NC and get some que. Where do we go? I know y'all are the ones that can help me! TIA
    Depends on where you are coming from. If you go near Wilbur's in Goldsboro, do stop. If you are coming from Virginia or north, try Currituck BBQ in Barco, about halfway from Virginia to the Outer Banks, on Rt. 158.

In Kitty Hawk, we like High Cotton(esp. brunswick stew, fried chicken, ribs, collards, more than Q). My brother-in-law speaks well of Sooey's, Nags Head.

Quote Originally Posted by grit74 View Post
    Depends on where you are coming from. If you go near Wilbur's in Goldsboro, do stop. If you are coming from Virginia or north, try Currituck BBQ in Barco, about halfway from Virginia to the Outer Banks, on Rt. 158.

In Kitty Hawk, we like High Cotton(esp. brunswick stew, fried chicken, ribs, collards, more than Q). My brother-in-law speaks well of Sooey's, Nags Head.
    Strongly disagree re: Wilber's. Went last year for lunch and the BBQ was dry, dry, dry. Not much flavor. Had to slather on sauce just to eat it. There has to be way better Q around there.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    This was my first Moe's experience...It was delicious! The Que was tender (had it Bama style), the slaw was fantastic, the cornbread was good, the potato salad was great...and that banana puddin was no joke! I'll be back.
    So, next time go for the ribs and some other sides. They will add a side if you don't get a drink with it for N/C.

ricks

Wilber's

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Strongly disagree re: Wilber's. Went last year for lunch and the BBQ was dry, dry, dry. Not much flavor. Had to slather on sauce just to eat it. There has to be way better Q around there.
    Then you should try again. . Some people do say there is better local BBQ . But not because they think Wilber's is bad.

I have only had Wilber's maybe 50 times, never dry, dry , dry.

Good luck.

Hmmm 28 Miles from I95 to try some new Q. I might be able to make that happen next week. If so I'll report back.

Quote Originally Posted by grit74 View Post
    Then you should try again. . Some people do say there is better local BBQ . But not because they think Wilber's is bad.

I have only had Wilber's maybe 50 times, never dry, dry , dry.

Good luck.
    Maybe it was their one bad day.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

BBQ near Clinton NC

I have to be in Clinton, NC this weekend for a meeting. What's good within driving distance?

I'm hoping to hit B's on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by cwiley View Post
    I have to be in Clinton, NC this weekend for a meeting. What's good within driving distance?

I'm hoping to hit B's on Saturday.
    Skylight Inn, Ayden, NC.(by reputation)
    Wilber's, Goldsboro, NC
    Kings, Kinston, NC
    Any Smithfileld's Chicken and BBQ off I-40 or I-95.

I'll have slaw on my sammich and dozen hushpuppies, please.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Skylight Inn, Ayden, NC.(by reputation)
    Wilber's, Goldsboro, NC
    Kings, Kinston, NC
    Any Smithfileld's Chicken and BBQ off I-40 or I-95.

I'll have slaw on my sammich and dozen hushpuppies, please.
    I echo Wilber's and Kings...two of my favorite places to hit on way to and from games. (Since I drive through both Kinston and Goldsboro.) Kings is an amazing buffet. If speed is an issue, Smithfields works, but none of the food is actually cooked there. I have no idea where they make it, but I've never seen a smokestack at one of their restaurants.
    Where are you driving from? That would help knowing what your closest options are. (Neither Gboro or Kinston are close enough to hit for a quick bite from Clinton.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Durham #3 in Education

Yep. That's right, trailing only Ann Arbor MI and Raleigh. No one who has waited in the long line to be seated at Bullock's will believe this stat.

Posted on the front page of NBCNews.com.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I echo Wilber's and Kings...two of my favorite places to hit on way to and from games. (Since I drive through both Kinston and Goldsboro.) Kings is an amazing buffet. If speed is an issue, Smithfields works, but none of the food is actually cooked there. I have no idea where they make it, but I've never seen a smokestack at one of their restaurants.
    Where are you driving from? That would help knowing what your closest options are. (Neither Gboro or Kinston are close enough to hit for a quick bite from Clinton.)
    I'm driving from Durham, but I am meeting a colleague in Clinton for dinner. We may try to make it to Wilber's.
    Last edited by cwiley; 09-17-2014 at 09:42 AM.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'm driving from Durham, but I am meeting a colleague in Clinton for dinner. We may try to make it to Wilber's.
    Across the street from Wilbers is McCall's...they have an amazing buffet too. Excellent all around southern dining.
    http://www.mccallsbbq.com/ordereze/default.aspx
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Across the street from Wilbers is McCall's...they have an amazing buffet too. Excellent all around southern dining.
    http://www.mccallsbbq.com/ordereze/default.aspx
    Huh. Maybe we should do one right after the other?

Actually Goldsboro will be perfect. It will fulfill my wife's wisdom, "Where's the best BBQ?" "40 miles from wherever you are."

Either place in Goldsboro serve alcohol?

Depending on what route you choose you'll pass near Smithfields in either Dunn or Newton Grove. I've been to the one in Dunn and was underwhelmed. Not at all on your route but Parker's in Wilson was very good both times I ate there.

Either place in Goldsboro serve alcohol?

Don't think so. Down here, usually the only beverage question for a BBQ place is whether it serves "Coke or Pepsi?" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by diablesseblu View Post
    Don't think so. Down here, usually the only beverage question for a BBQ place is whether a place is "Coke or Pepsi?" ;-)
    Eh hem...sweat tea! In truth I drink unsweet tea except at Bar BQ joints because it's typically really sweet and tasty like Mom and Grand Ma made. Can't be healthy though.