Wink Lost question (possible spoilers)...

I have a Lost question...has anybody played the video game Via Domus on the PS3 or Xbox360? I read somewhere that there was a huge reveal in the game, but I don't have the equipment to play it and don't want to spend $500 just to get it. What's the big reveal? Thanks...

there's a video game?

oh, yep there is, didn't even know it existed

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    I have a Lost question...has anybody played the video game Via Domus on the PS3 or Xbox360? I read somewhere that there was a huge reveal in the game, but I don't have the equipment to play it and don't want to spend $500 just to get it. What's the big reveal? Thanks...
    Hmmm-- all I know about the game is that the producers say it is not part of the officiall Lost Universe. In other words, just because something happens in the game, that does not make it a part of the TV show. To use a TV term, the video game is not canon. I am not even sure the producers of Lost had very much to do with designing the story for the game.

-Jason "I'll look around a bit more, see if I can dig anything up" Evans

wow...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Hmmm-- all I know about the game is that the producers say it is not part of the officiall Lost Universe. In other words, just because something happens in the game, that does not make it a part of the TV show. To use a TV term, the video game is not canon. I am not even sure the producers of Lost had very much to do with designing the story for the game.

-Jason "I'll look around a bit more, see if I can dig anything up" Evans
    I didn't know that. How did they get permission to make it then? How did they get a bunch of cast members to loan their voices to the project? Wow, that changes everything. My understanding was that it WAS part of it, and that the reveal was "real", for lack of a better term. Oops, my bad. Sorry.

BTW, here's Game Informer's review of it, which is where I first heard about it:

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exere...2F357D84E4.htm

From their description, it sounds like it would be a GREAT game for Lost fans to rent, but not to bother buying, since it can be played through in a few hours and really isn't worth playing again once you learn the reveals.
    Last edited by bjornolf; 03-29-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: accuracy...