Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    DukePA,

Having not gone to Duke nor lived in North Carolina, I readily admit that I cannot feel the deep emotion that you folks feel toward one another. Dukies at my company bare their teeth when I say something nice about the Heels. I have an emotional attachment toward the Devils and Terps that I don't have toward the rest of the ACC but I still want those teams to do well. I couldn't bear to read the Post or DBR the day after this year's loss and it took awhile to get over it.

gw67

Great, you can't even try to have a mature approach to the game on this board now without being called a UNC fan.

I agree with GW.

I also agree with Gary, in that I certainly think Kansas can take out UNC. Kansas has a better offense than Louisville. If they can do what the 'ville did in the second half. Get the ball out of Lawson's hands. That will help them shut down Green and Ellington. Just so long as Hansbrough doesn't add hitting five out of six three pointers to his game.

I really don't give Kansas a shot... Bill Self will not outcoach ol' Roy, and once a truly great team like UNC gets this close, they put themselves on their best player's back (Hansbrough) and let him carry them to the title.

UNC will win the game played a week from tomorrow. As much as I hate to admit it, there is NO WAY Kansas will stop Hansbrough inside; he is a nighmare defensively and UL or UCAL are the only teams that match up decently with him. We all saw what he did to UL, and UK just doesnt have the post players to shut him down, IMO. If they play UCLA in the title, Love will do a decent job, but UNC is too deep along the frontline.

If I am wrong please rib/make fun of me and let me know how wrong I was... I will welcome it but I can't see it happening at this point...

Kansas is nothing like Louisville defensively. Kansas plays largely man-to-man. Our frontline consists of two athletic 6'8"-6'9" guys in Darnell Jackson and Darrell Arthur and two longer bigs in 6'10" Sasha Kaun and 6'11" Cole Aldrich. We have plenty of beef to matchup with Hansbrough, Thompson and Stepheson. If Danny Green ends up singled on Arthur or Jackson, like he was with Clark from the 'Ville last night, it's not three travels it's two or three buckets.

Hansbrough's going to get his. He'll frustrate whoever's there in San Antonio. But the idea that Lousville is better in the front court than Kansas is laughable. Anything can happen in the tournament. I won't be a bit surprised if UNC beats Kansas, and I'm nervous as hell about even getting the opportunity by getting past Davidson. But KU has about as good a matchup against UNC as anybody else out there (which is to say, we have a legit shot at winning).

Crimson - WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by freedevil View Post
    Crimson - WIN!
    We're trying, but the game won't freaking start!!!oneeleven!!!

Thanks Crimson... but I hope you guys beat Davidson tonight
    and please feel free to rib me if/when Kansas sends the heels home

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I actually have Louisville beating UNC in my pool. Of course that doesn't mean much since I had Duke going to the final four. You can always count on at least one #1 seed not getting to the final four. I have a hard time seeing Xavier beating UCLA and I think that Kansas should take care of Villanova and Wisconsin. Stanford could pose problems for Memphis and I think that Louisville is dangerous for UNC.

When you think about it, UNC really got screwed on the S curve. Going into the tourney, it looked like UNC, Kansas and UCLA were the strongest bets to win it all (I don't overly buy into Memphis). To win the NC, UNC should have to beat Kansas and then UCLA. That's a tough challenge.
    Well, I guess I completely got that wrong. I'm sure they said something during the games last night or during sports center but I wonder when the last time all 4 #1's made it to the F4? Also, I heard Bilas talking this morning and Memphis already has 37 wins and UNC and UCLA have 36 so we all need to root for Kansas because they are the only team left that won't break the all time win mark if they win the title. If Memphis beats UCLA then they set the new mark but if they were to loose to Kansas, I could live with that.

Speaking of Memphis, I think that it is time for people to finally give them a little more respect. Not only did they make it to the F4 but they crushed Texas.