Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: E-Will

Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    most of the MDAA games are very much like an all star game....if jennnings tried half that stuff in a real game, he'd be on the bench....he wikll be flashy and fun, for sure, but a couple turnovers in a big game and he will be toning it down...
    True about Jennings and the showboating, but that was sort of what that game is about. He said at the beginning he wanted to break the assist record for the game and that's what he was trying to do. Nevertheless, his speed and ball handling and court vision all were quite good and he was the only player in the whole game to impress me. I did only watch the first half all the way through. I started to get bored and only watched the second half sporadically.

If Jennings plays within a system and doesn't try crazy stuff all the time he will be a terrific player AND fun to watch. He said he wanted Arizona because of its history of producing point guards. Didn't Bibby and Arenas come out of there?

There are loads of terrific college players who are not great in the 24-second game for all sorts of reasons. Hansbrough is an outstanding college player no matter how many times the posters on this board put him down. I personally could care less about his draft status. If he desides to go after this year, it might be in his interest to be selected late in the first round and wind up on a good team. If he returns next year, he has the opportunity to be the only player in ACC history to be a unanimous 1st selection for four years.

gw67

Quote Originally Posted by gw67 View Post
    There are loads of terrific college players who are not great in the 24-second game for all sorts of reasons. Hansbrough is an outstanding college player no matter how many times the posters on this board put him down. I personally could care less about his draft status. If he desides to go after this year, it might be in his interest to be selected late in the first round and wind up on a good team. If he returns next year, he has the opportunity to be the only player in ACC history to be a unanimous 1st selection for four years.

gw67
    Hansbrough projects to be a hustle player off of the bench in the NBA,when you think Tyler Hansbrough in the NBA think Kris Humphries.

However he has a chance to become UNC's All-Time leading scorer and its safe to say if he wins a NC he'll possibly be regarded as the greatest Tar Heel of All Time.
    Last edited by -jk; 03-27-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: de-ital

Quote Originally Posted by gw67 View Post

gw67
    A good friend who's a big Ram's Club member said that the word among members of the education foundation is that if the team wins a national championship, Tyler will leave for the NBA. We'll know in a few weeks, won't we?

You guys ragging on Jennings haircut apparently don't remember Brian Davis's and Grant Hill's 'do's their freshman year at Duke!!

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by CenOhioDukeFan View Post
    You guys ragging on Jennings haircut apparently don't remember Brian Davis's and Grant Hill's 'do's their freshman year at Duke!!
    Back then, that haircut was in style. Today, it's an anachronism.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Dullest All-Star Game in History!

I've been watching All-Star games since the 1980's both regionally and nationally and I can't remember a duller game in all those years. The game was so boring, for the first time ever, I turned it off to watch the news. That's a sad commentary.

The talent level this year did not seem nearly as high as in the past. This class is filled with baby-faced prospects in desperate need of hitting the weights, not the rippled studs of the past. My wife, who was watching the game with me, noticed it too. Looking at their games, left much to be desired.

Teton Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Franzez View Post
    Hansbrough projects to be a hustle player off of the bench in the NBA,when you think Tyler Hansbrough in the NBA think Kris Humphries.
    Wrong again. He and Humphries are quite different players. There are various schools of thought on Hansbrough around the league. I hope that everyone realizes Franzez is basically making stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    Have you watched 'the shot' recently? That was almost the same hair that GHill had. In 1991.

Edit: um, yeah... I posted before reading the rest of the thread.
    A lot of people talked about the GHill hair. But I think it's also plain obvious, as Jumbo and others have pointed out, the hair cut was in style back then. The whole point is that at that time, GHill wouldn't attract much additional attention because of his hair. Just like Kyle's current hair style won't stand out as opposed to his previous saggy long hair.

Quote Originally Posted by wisteria View Post
    A lot of people talked about the GHill hair. But I think it's also plain obvious, as Jumbo and others have pointed out, the hair cut was in style back then. The whole point is that at that time, GHill wouldn't attract much additional attention because of his hair. Just like Kyle's current hair style won't stand out as opposed to his previous saggy long hair.
    You guys are crazy.

That haircut never went out of style.

Does Czyz get to play in the international all star game? Or does he count as American because he played here for high school? I would love to see him in action other than youtube highlights.

Exiled

ill take it

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    Chances those tights are worn on opening night in November? And Brandon Jennings favorite movie is house party, so he has a flat top. Worst movie worst haircut ever, enjoy U of A.

If he scores 35 ppg, and 12 apg and can dish out 5 assists in 5 minutes of a high school all-star game, he can wear his hair any way he wants

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    Does Czyz get to play in the international all star game? Or does he count as American because he played here for high school? I would love to see him in action other than youtube highlights.

Exiled
    Pocious, our tenth or eleventh man, played on the International team and played at Holderness, a boarding school in NH. It's a shame that Czyz couldn't make the team.

Wake up, Franzenz.

Franzenz wrote:

"Hansbrough projects to be a hustle player off of the bench in the NBA,when you think Tyler Hansbrough in the NBA think Kris Humphries."

I guess you don't watch much basketball. I hate Hansbrough, but he is a great, great player. Don't you wish he played for us, and McBob had gone to UNC? He is going to have a very good NBA career. Hump will be out of the league soon. Folks said Boozer was undersized and would not able to score. I think Hansbrough will have similar success.

Zeller is a light weight. I believe Zoubek's weight gain will make him be able to completely dominate Zeller.

On another front:

I was really impressed with UCLA bound Holiday. I believe he stoled the ball twice from all-american guards for easy transition dunks.

Elliot

I watched more than half the game before the hour got too late. Elliot is very athletic, he is long and he has good overall skills. He will fit right into the Duke playing style and will be a solid contributor in the 2008/2009 season.With the six guards the team has, we will be able to pressure the ball with fresh players and all should get at least some playing time.

Clearly those with experience and proven capability will start and get the most PT, however we are fortunate to have several guys who can some in an do a good job for us. makes us less prone to injuries and possibly can be subbed in when someone is ill or is having a subpar game.

I liked what I saw with this kid and hope he will be a star for us in years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingThomasHill View Post
    Franzenz wrote:

"Hansbrough projects to be a hustle player off of the bench in the NBA,when you think Tyler Hansbrough in the NBA think Kris Humphries."

I guess you don't watch much basketball. I hate Hansbrough, but he is a great, great player. Don't you wish he played for us, and McBob had gone to UNC? He is going to have a very good NBA career. Hump will be out of the league soon. Folks said Boozer was undersized and would not able to score. I think Hansbrough will have similar success.
    I thought Hump had started to come along this year a little? Agreed Hansborough and Humpries are 2 completely different players.

Disagree with the fact that Hansbrough will be close to the player Boozer is. Boozer can play above the rim and might be the most amadextrious player in the NBA (which is why he is so extremely hard to guard).

Hansbrough might be good but I doubt he is all star material - but then again we won't know till he's in the league for 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    You guys are crazy.

That haircut never went out of style.

I think the reason he has the flat top is because his favorite movie is "House Party", starring, of course, Kid N' Play.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

FBB, I think Hansbrough will fare well in the NBA. He already has a pro body and can handle the contact. He has the ability to get off a variety of shots around the rim, in traffic, from different angles - almost like a more clumsy version of Jamison when he played at Carolina. He also has a nice 15 foot jumper. Will he be a 20 and 10 guy like Boozer? I don't know, but I he will be better than Hump and will be an asset to whatever team picks him, particularly if he goes late first round and falls to a team that is already decent, as opposed to completely rebuilding.

Also, go West Ham!