Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: E-Will

I must say, I loved Jennings' haircut. The "circa 1991" do was in full effect last night. When I cut the TV on for the game, I couldn't believe it. That made my day, haha

As far as Hansbrough goes, I think he'll be a very serviceable (sp?) NBA player who will be able to come off the bench and give quality minutes. He may even start for a team or two in his career. But I just don't see him being any better than a bit above average. I just don't. I think he'll have a long career, make tons of money and, judging by where he might get drafted, play for some really good teams. But he won't be what he is in college.

Kyle and Demarcus

Really seemed to be the guys who hit the wall near the end. Demarcus I think was sick though. Kyle's a freshman, it happens.

Since I am an old codger, I taped the game and watched it today. First, Williams is the obvious choice for Duke. There were some players who put up great numbers, but I didn't see them as likely candidates for Duke. Monroe, who we lost, didn't show much at all. Other players were all about show-boating and/or ball-hogging -- not at all for Duke. In other words, I didn't see that we missed out on much at all.

I read today that last years top 5 would be ahead of Jennings this year. But, yes I think Williams has great upside. I loved the comparison I saw to a "left-handed Henderson."

I read today that last years top 5 would be ahead of Jennings this year. But, yes I think Williams has great upside. I loved the comparison I saw to a "left-handed Henderson."
    I got excited when I saw that, but based on the limited amount I've seen E-Will play, he doesn't love the pull-up as much as Gerald does. I would venture to say the E-Will is also significantly quicker with the ball, but obviously Gerald is much stronger and probably a better leaper.

That said, I am sure Gerald will spend much of the summer devoted to ball-handling - I wouldn't be surprised to see a huge improvement there for him. With that and continued improvement in his shooting, he could prove to be quite un-guardable next year.

Call me nuts but doesn't G shoot better with the wrist guard? Free Throws improved for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    Call me nuts but doesn't G shoot better with the wrist guard? Free Throws improved for sure.
    I'm personally hoping he just makes it part of his standard attire for the remainder of his career. Sort of a good luck charm.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    Chances those tights are worn on opening night in November? And Brandon Jennings favorite movie is house party, so he has a flat top. Worst movie worst haircut ever, enjoy U of A.
    Brandon Jennings' haircut is one of the best things in the history of basketball. Don't be silly.

You're nuts. At least, in theory. Yes, he did show FTs a lot better with his wrist guard, but he all but abandoned his mid-range game. So perhaps there's not enough data to say that his shooting was worse, I just assumed it was because he seemed less confident in it.

Quote Originally Posted by sundown View Post
    Brandon Jennings' haircut is one of the best things in the history of basketball. Don't be silly.
    This is true.

Also, whoever said Big Z needs to sport a 'stache next year is on point. If that won't bump his game up a notch or two, nothing will.

Didn't see this link posted, but it is highlights of Elliot during the McDonalds AA game week events. This guy can fly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqfl0N9z6Dg&feature=user

Wow - thanks for posting that. I knew he was considered a great leaper but I didn't realize he was that good. From the video he seems to get up as high as Henderson - the top of his head is pretty close to the rim.

This just adds to the excitement of the Plumlee commitment and makes next year look even brighter.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013