Marty a Junior correct?

Marty only played in 4 games this season and I believe I remember hearing from Bob Harris that he recieved a medical redshirt. That would keep him a Junior? Outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    Marty only played in 4 games this season and I believe I remember hearing from Bob Harris that he recieved a medical redshirt. That would keep him a Junior? Outstanding.
    Yup, he'll be a redshirt junior next season.

when did he play a single game this season?

He played in the first few at the beginning - I thought it was more like 7 games.

He played this year?? I dont think he did

He played

against Eastern Kentucky, for sure, 'cause that's when he got hurt...landing on Zoubek's foot during a rebound.

wow, thats news to me..

He played in four regular season games:

NC Central
    New Mexico State
    Princeton
    Eastern Kentucky

Pocius in 2007-2008

Four games, 32 minutes, 16 points -- here's the link:

http://goduke.statsgeek.com/basketba...p?playerid=498

sagegrouse

Check the

link above the boards for schedules and then click on the Eastern Kentucky score...last paragraph of the write-up states that Pocius went down and they hoped it was just a sprain...turned out to be a little more than that.

Thumbs up Go Marty!

Can't wait for him to be an integral part of the team. I love his heart and grit to add to this team. I often have been chagrined that Coach K hasn't played him more -- but since my knowledge comes from afar, perhaps injuries have contributed.

Looking forward his STRONG presence next year.

This is good news and I hope that Pocius contributes during his final two years. Does this impact the Devils recruiting for the 2009 class? They have 12 scholarship players next year and Paulus/Nelson will be the only seniors leaving three scholarship openings for 2009 recruits. Posts on this board have indicated that the coaching staff would like to bring in 4 youngsters from that class but the math would indicate that there are only 3 openings and one has been filled by Plumlee.

gw67

Quote Originally Posted by gw67 View Post
    This is good news and I hope that Pocius contributes during his final two years. Does this impact the Devils recruiting for the 2009 class? They have 12 scholarship players next year and Paulus/Nelson will be the only seniors leaving three scholarship openings for 2009 recruits. Posts on this board have indicated that the coaching staff would like to bring in 4 youngsters from that class but the math would indicate that there are only 3 openings and one has been filled by Plumlee.

gw67
    The Marty thing isn't news -- it's been clear since November that he'd redshirt.

Nelson leaves this year, and there will be 12 guys on scholarship next year, assuming everyone returns. Paulus and McClure leaving would indeed leave 10 spots. And you're right, the staff would like to bring in four guys. In doing so, they are assuming attrition of some kind. There's obviously a strong possibility that Gerald could leave after his junior year. Singler could go after his sophomore year. And given the number of players that will be on the roster, someone could transfer over the next two seasons.

Marty's Medical Redshirt confirmed?

I knew he would be eligible and those things are fairly routine in his situation, but has it been confirmed?

Marty seemed to have been in Coach K's doghouse for long stretches last year. Maybe you guys discussed it while it was happening; I just started reading here this season. Maybe it was for defensive lapses or for being too quick on the shooting trigger without a good percentage result. I always liked his energy and enthusiasm. I hope he becomes good enough to be the Scheyer of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I knew he would be eligible and those things are fairly routine in his situation, but has it been confirmed?

Marty seemed to have been in Coach K's doghouse for long stretches last year. Maybe you guys discussed it while it was happening; I just started reading here this season. Maybe it was for defensive lapses or for being too quick on the shooting trigger without a good percentage result. I always liked his energy and enthusiasm. I hope he becomes good enough to be the Scheyer of this year.
    Won't Scheyer be the Scheyer of this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Won't Scheyer be the Scheyer of this year?
    No. Jon will start in Nelson's spot. I'm talking about a guard/small forward who can come off the bench, bring some energy and scoring punch.

I'm not doubting the validity of the statement, but I do not recall reading that Duke intended to recruit four players for the 2009 class. Where is this information from?

I love the fact that Marty has hung in there through a rough few years. Hopefully he gets back healthy and ready to go next season. I still think that he's as good as anyone on the team (except Henderson) at driving to the hoop AND finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Summie444 View Post
    I'm not doubting the validity of the statement, but I do not recall reading that Duke intended to recruit four players for the 2009 class. Where is this information from?
    Well Plumlee is one.

And K has offered Boynton, and I believe McDonald or is planning on it? and we had ECH. offered so that would be four.

Correct if wrong.

Scout.com

Quote Originally Posted by kydevil View Post
    Well Plumlee is one.

And K has offered Boynton, and I believe McDonald or is planning on it? and we had ECH. offered so that would be four.

Correct if wrong.
    You can see who was offered by going to scout. According to them we offered Boynton, McDonald, Plumlee and Ech. It does say we also offered Reich but that seems to be a holdover and there is no way he will be coming.