Carolina Friends and Hell

Got the following picture from my Carolina fan friend Alan. I chuckled for a second, then informed him that he, of course, will burn in Hell for sending it...

Paulas.JPG

-EarlJam

P.S. There was more "news" under the photo. But the content was not PG.

This sums up why my favorite Duke dunk ever was Maggette's dunk, followed by the slap of the backboard and a T, while blowing Carolina out of the gym.

I haven't seen that! you have a link for the maggette dunk? I can't find it on youtube...
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    This sums up why my favorite Duke dunk ever was Maggette's dunk, followed by the slap of the backboard and a T, while blowing Carolina out of the gym.
    Got a photo? I'd love to see that again!

Maggette's dunk was against Florida. He had about 5 in that game. I think Grant had a great dunk in the '92 UNC game where he jumped over Montross.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    Maggette's dunk was against Florida. He had about 5 in that game. I think Grant had a great dunk in the '92 UNC game where he jumped over Montross.
    Okay, it was a T for hanging on the rim. Either way, he got T'd up after a vicious dunk against Carolina. Best. Dunk. Ever.

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Maybe Alan doesn't realize that 1, Green is closer to being 'emasculated' in that play than Greg P., and 2, shows evidence that the refs missed a charge call that shoulda wiped off the basket.
    Next play.

The dunk against Florida got a T b/c Maggette dunked, swung on the rim, and then did a chin up. He was then taken out immediately. Against Carolina, he went baseline, dunked, again chin-up, slapped the backboard.
    Attached Images Attached Images

t-balled

I guess we want see the picture of Deron Washington t-balling Dancin Danny a week later in the ACC Tourney.

I pray that Henderson gets his chance at a vicious dunk over a tar-hole player before his career at Duke is finished. Speaking of dunks... did anybody catch the McDonald's dunk contest last night? EW looks like he's got some springs for only being 6'4!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rider11 View Post
    The dunk against Florida got a T b/c Maggette dunked, swung on the rim, and then did a chin up. He was then taken out immediately. Against Carolina, he went baseline, dunked, again chin-up, slapped the backboard.
    Thank you. That is what I was looking for. After the years in the wilderness when Duke couldn't win against Carolina, this was the announcement that the tables had turned. I think I spilled an entire beer after that dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rider11 View Post

Fresh produce, indeed.

Thumbs up Aaaah, good memories

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post

Maggette dunked and slapped the backboard at least twice. Once at CIS against Florida (the more nasty of the two in my opinion, since he took Mike Miller from about 30 feet out all the way down the lane to the hoop off the bounce on that one). He received a technical for that and no one cared!

His other one that I recall was at UNC. He was down by the low block, ball-faked some hapless hole defender into the stands, then took one dribble and did a chin-up on the rim before slapping the backboard with his right hand.

Both were nas-TEE!