Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

No one out of the ACC gets Raycom

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Twice: UNC, FSU, Md, VT, Wake
    Home only: N.C. State, UVa, Miami
    Road only: BC, GT, Clemson

hmmm interesting. I guess the 7 pm start times didn't give enough national exposure for ACC...8 pm makes the central and mountain time zones viewing easier, I guess. But seems ridiculous to me...

Looking at the linked blog, http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow...e-acc-schedule, J.P. Giglio has some nice jabs at Duke in it:

"UNC: Analysis: The visit to Winston-Salem might be the Heels only ACC loss next season."

What about the visit to Cameron?

"Analysis: I love when Mike Krzyzewski argues Duke has the toughest schedule. That's impossible because Duke can't play Duke."

What a ridiculous comment! I guess it's somewhat of a back-handed compliment.

So that defeats that idea. This sucks that there will be 3 games not nationally televised.

UCLA is also in the Coaches vs Cancer Tourney.

I agree with a couple of prior posters that Clemson has the easiest schedule followed closely by Wake, VA T, Miami and GA T.

MD and NC St have the toguhest followed by FSU and Duke

UNC, UVA and BC are in the middle.

Miami gets three relatively even opponents only at Home: Clemson VA Tech and Wake and with 4 returning now or never seniors could significantly improve on its 8-8 record.

Wake was only 7-9 but has a strong recruiting class and only lost Cameron Stanley to transfer so as a 5 yr senior he could immediately play for Winthrop and prevent WF from going over the scholarship limit of 13.

Those two with relatively easy schedules could be top tier with UNC and Duke.

Despite Clemson easiest schedule they did lose James Mays and Cliff Hammonds. So after losing Vernon Hamilton the year before they need a PG. Probably offsets and again about 10-6.

Besides never getting Dickey back, GA Tech also lost Morrow, Jeremis Smith, Matt Causey but did pick up Iman Shumpert to go with Lawal, Clinch, Peacock, Bell and Aminu. Other than the loss in NCAA finals, Paul Hewitt is usually only 8-8 give or take 1 in ACC as I think he was that year too. Might not make it that far this year having to again replace his top two guys. Like UVA of old, almost never wins on the road.

The others either do not have all that much talent anyway and/or have some of the toughest unbalanced ACC Schedules.

Give or take one game and I think:

14-2 UNC
    12-4 DU
    11-5 UM
    11-5 WF
    10-6 CL
    10-6 VT
    6-10 GT
    5-11 NCS
    5-11 MD
    4-12 UVA
    4-12 BC
    4-12 FSU

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBBallFan View Post
    Despite Clemson easiest schedule they did lose James Mays and Cliff Hammonds. So after losing Vernon Hamilton the year before they need a PG. Probably offsets and again about 10-6.
    I believe Clemson is in good shape at the PG position with Demontez Stitt. He played in 32 games as a freshman and averaged 8.8 points, 3 assists, and 2.8 turnovers in 22.8 minutes per game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=36213

Taking into account the normal improvement from freshman to sophomore season, Stitt should be a solid performer for the Tigers.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I believe Clemson is in good shape at the PG position with Demontez Stitt. He played in 32 games as a freshman and averaged 8.8 points, 3 assists, and 2.8 turnovers in 22.8 minutes per game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=36213

Taking into account the normal improvement from freshman to sophomore season, Stitt should be a solid performer for the Tigers.
    Don't sit on Clemson this year. IMO Clemson, Wake, and Miami will battle it out for third. I think Duke and UNC will be a step above again.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCrazy'11 View Post
    Don't sit on Clemson this year. IMO Clemson, Wake, and Miami will battle it out for third. I think Duke and UNC will be a step above again.
    I agree but my point is that Clemson isn't lacking at the PG position. Stitt is an ACC quality point and we all should expect he will make the normal freshman-sophomore progression. In other words, Stitt's freshman numbers were respectable and I expect his sophomore numbers to be much better.
    Bob Green

I agree but my point is that Clemson isn't lacking at the PG position. Stitt is an ACC quality point and we all should expect he will make the normal freshman-sophomore progression. In other words, Stitt's freshman numbers were respectable and I expect his sophomore numbers to be much better.
    Sorry, I meant for my post to amplify yours, not contradict it . I think in the future we will see some very fun Stitt / Smith matchups.

St. John's

The annual game against St. John's has lost its luster in recent years and many poster on DBR have called for an end to the series. Perhaps we should back off as it appears Coach Norm Roberts might be able to turn St. John's back into a formidable foe:

http://web.sny.tv/news/article.jsp?y...&oid=2&vkey=21

By making staff hirings that facilitate recruiting top NYC players, Coach Roberts is attempting to return to the traditional strength of the program. I wish him the best of luck as I would love to see St. John's back as one of the top basketball programs in the nation.
    Bob Green

Nice to have a game close to Chicago. Count me in for the Purdue game. Anyone else looking to go to that game?

As a resident of northwest Ohio, I will most definitely be making the trek across the Indiana heartland to West Lafayette for the Boiler game. It should be a classic early season battle.

I'm hoping to head up to the Michigan game in Ann Arbor as well.

2 days?

Til the official schedule is released.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    Til the official schedule is released.
    Yes, the ACC schedule is released Friday. For what it's worth, we should the schedule on our site that night, with Outlook imports available shortly thereafter.

Some folks down here in Tigertown actually think Stitt may have some competition for the starting job, from a stud incoming freshman named Andre Young. He's smaller than Stitt, but lightning quick. We'll see how it plays out, but the Tigers are developing some nice depth at PG. By the time ACC play rolls around, I think they will be solid enough at the position to compete in the upper-tier of the ACC (much like I expect their offensive line to solidify for the meat of their ACC football schedule.)

Honestly, I am much more concerned with them finding an effective replacement for James Mays at the PF spot... They have some bouncy, athletic guys but none with the skill set of Mays. But with the improvement and leadership expected from Booker and Rivers, the Tigers should be fine.

To me, it looks like the ACC should have 5 teams solidly in the tourney as 1-8 seeds and to echo prior posters, Clemson Wake and Miami should be fighting for the #3 spot in conference. All five could/should be in the top 25 throughout the year, depending on how respected the league is by the talking heads (who unfortunately determine a lot about conference strength, at least in terms of rankings.)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieTiger View Post
    To me, it looks like the ACC should have 5 teams solidly in the tourney as 1-8 seeds and to echo prior posters, Clemson Wake and Miami should be fighting for the #3 spot in conference. All five could/should be in the top 25 throughout the year, depending on how respected the league is by the talking heads (who unfortunately determine a lot about conference strength, at least in terms of rankings.)
    It is still early but Joe Lunardi on ESPN Bracketology agrees with you somewhat. He has UNC and Duke as 1 seeds, Miami a 5 seed, Wake a 7 seed , VA Tech an 8th seed and Clemson a 10 seed. Personally I would switch VA Tech and Clemson.

One thing that may help Clemson is IMO Oliver Purnell has the most favorable ACC unbalanced schedule, not having to play any UNC or Duke or Miami twice (whom I consider the top 3 in ACC this year).

Tigers have the opportunity to tie break with Wake and VA Tech by playing both home and home as well as lowly GA Tech, FSU and UVA twice, and winnable home games with NC St and MD plus BC on the road.

UNC and Miami road only and Duke at home will be the biggest challenges for Clemson, who could very well end up 11-5 or 10-6 to gain the NCAA berth.

VA Tech (Duke twice) has the next easiest ACC unbalanced schedule along with Wake (Duke twice), Miami (UNC twice) and GA Tech (none of top 3 twice but Clemson and Wake twice). So Lunardi could be right about 6 ACC teams in Biig Dance.

From my Duke Ticket Application

10/18 BW Scrimmage
    10/25 VA Union (Exh.)
    11/5 Lenoir-Rhyne (Exh.) 7:00

11/10 Delaware 7:00
    11/11 GA Southern/Presbyterian 9:00
    11/16 RI 2:00
    11/20 2k Semis
    11/21 2k Champs
    11/23 Montana 1:00
    11/28 Duquense 3:00
    12/2 at Purdue 9:00
    12/6 at Michigan
    12/17 UNC-A 7:30
    12/20 Xavier in NJ 1:30
    12/31 Loyola (MD) 2:00
    1/4 VA Tech
    1/7 Davidson

No dates are set for the rest, but here was the order. The bold games would probably be Sat-Sun.

@FSU
    @GT
    Georgetown (other said 1/17)
    NCSU (LF said 1/20 8:00)
    MD
    @Wake
    UVA
    at Clemson
    Miami (LF said 2/7 1:30)
    UNC (LF said Wed. 2/10 9:00 which is not correct)
    @BC
    @ St. John's (other said 2/18)
    Wake
    at MD
    at VA Tech
    FSU
    at UNC

"It is still early but Joe Lunardi on ESPN Bracketology agrees with you somewhat."

Still early? You think?

Schedule Released Today?

Not sure where i got the info, but I have on my calendar that the men's bball schedule is to be released today. Can anyone confirm or deny?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Not sure where i got the info, but I have on my calendar that the men's bball schedule is to be released today. Can anyone confirm or deny?
    If it is a point of major concern, I would check goduke.com through the day. It will be announced/published there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Season ticket order forms have been received locally, so the schedule is out.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Since the women's official schedule didn't come out yesterday, the men's official schedule probably won't be released today. Last year they came out on August 22 and 23, respectively, which is neither August 15 or the much rumored "third Friday in August."

That being said, we've been able to piece together everything but ACC dates, TV, and times from the ticket brochure and previous information released.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa