Coach K to Providence...

Fellas, for a good guffaw or two, from the Providence College Friars board:

http://www.bigeastboards.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=26332&sid=2eec33ff6483f366428c629b 4c637c97

He might of had his agent contact them for Dawkins, Wojo, and/or Collins. Isn't that the school that Amaker went to out of his internship (asssist. coaching pos.) at Duke?

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    He might of had his agent contact them for Dawkins, Wojo, and/or Collins. Isn't that the school that Amaker went to out of his internship (asssist. coaching pos.) at Duke?
    good thinking. I like that.

Nope. Coach K is gone. Shammgod made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Those bigeast boards are hilarious. Thank goodness we've got Duke to talk about over here.

I think that was Seton Hall
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Hmmmm.

Well, I wouldn't believe it, except that it says Coach K now believes that the Big East is the most "dynamic conference in the nation." So now I'm starting to think there may be something to it.

K: "Mickie, I've been thinking."
    Mickie: "Yes, Mike?"
    K: "We've had a good run here. All the championships and what not. But you know, that Big East is so...dynamic. It just might be the most dynamic conference in the nation."
    Mickie" "Mike, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
    K: "Call the mover. I wants me some of that dynamism!"

hmm, I'm trying to figure out whether the guy who mentions RW is sarcastic or just very very very delusional. I hear that Ben Howland, Billy Gillespie, and Bill Self are looking at the job as well

Well, I wouldn't believe it, except that it says Coach K now believes that the Big East is the most "dynamic conference in the nation." So now I'm starting to think there may be something to it.

K: "We've had a good run here. All the championships and what not. But you know, that Big East is so...dynamic. It just might be the most dynamic conference in the nation."
    Hahahaha that and the God Shammgod reference above are hilarious. What in the world are those fans on? Goodness.

Yeah, why not move away from one of college basketball's Super Six hoops schools to go coach at a college that is best known for a player almost named Jesus...

Wink It's late in March

Nice initial attempt at an avatar, Cameron.

This report/rumor-monger sounds like the perfect setup for April Fool's Day. Sounds like they want to monger about Martelli more than K.

It did, however, get me wondering ... what's up with David Henderson these days?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

He's Polish...
    He's Catholic...
    Diocese of Providence has many Polish parishes...
    It's clear! Coach K is going to PC!

Someoen said it best in there - he's not not only bigger than the program [at PC], he's bigger than the state.

As a Rhode Islander who grew up in one of those Polish parishes and shares a church with K right now, I don't see the cultural allure attracting him any more than the dynamism of the Big East (can we talk about what a farce of a conference that is, too?)

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Poptart View Post

That was funnier than The Onion making fun of Hansbrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Hahahaha that and the God Shammgod reference above are hilarious. What in the world are those fans on? Goodness.

Yeah, why not move away from one of college basketball's Super Six hoops schools to go coach at a college that is best known for a player almost named Jesus...

HEY! DON'T MAKE FUN OF HE-WHO-INSPIRED-MY-DBR-NAME!!!