Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Congratulations

Wow, they scared me toward the end, but talent and guts will out!!!! Congratulations to the entire team for a job well done!!!!

Go Duke!!! Bring it home!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lid View Post
    I'm curious about recruiting, too -- I asked here a couple of months ago if Coach P had any recruits, and I just got crickets. Not sure of that information.

I also liked watching ASU play. It was wild to see how well they stayed in rhythm given the constant subs.
    I know there is a web page for WBB recruiting and I had it bookmarked, however, it is gone. Can someone post the address?

ASU has an outstanding coach. WBB is looking stronger every year.

I also liked watching ASU play. It was wild to see how well they stayed in rhythm given the constant subs.
    I got a little annoyed watching ASU bench scrubs hop up and down and run up and down the bench high fiving each other after almost every basket in the second half...

Question Statistical Curiosity

When was the last time the duke team went a whole game without making a 3-pt. shot?

sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by npdevil27 View Post
    This makes 6 of the past 7 years that the women have advanced further than the men... who'd have thought that possible back in the late 90's?
    There's a lot less parity in women's basketball IMO and usually very few real upsets in the opening rounds. Things get a lot more interesting from here on out.

Then again I remember what a big deal it felt like when Gail first took a team to the Sweet 16 so you make a good point!

Duke hasn't hit a 3 in 2 of its last 6 games (after a 109 game streak). We went 0-12 at Carolina.

As for next year's recruits, I believe only Shay Selby was recruited by G.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Why would you enjoy seeing TX get beat?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I thought this was the best 2 games in a row they've played in a while. The regional will be tough, but if they keep playing the game they did this week, they can do well. GO DEVILS!

P.S. I enjoyed watching coach G's Texas get the snot beat out of them. HA!
    Did Gail run over your dog or something? I can't believe people seem to have all these sour grapes over her leaving Duke. She said it was a tough decision and one that was ultimately based on what she felt was best for her personal situation. I, for one, believe her and wish her well. She is largely responsible for building Duke's womens program into the name brand it is today. I don't know to what extent - if any - the rumors about her to TX affected last year's team in the NCAA tourney but even if it did, I'm sorry, we had a great, veteran team that was playing close to home - they should have taken care of business vs. Rutgers but...oh well. Besides, those rumors were out of her control. If you want to be mad at someone, how about Judy Condradt for announcing her retirement when she did and causing those rumors to start swirling in the first place?

And, for the record, I NEVER want to see any team get the snot beat out of them by that jerk Auriemma.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    And, for the record, I NEVER want to see any team get the snot beat out of them by that jerk Auriemma.
    Well, I can think of ONE team...
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Did Gail run over your dog or something? I can't believe people seem to have all these sour grapes over her leaving Duke. She said it was a tough decision and one that was ultimately based on what she felt was best for her personal situation. I, for one, believe her and wish her well. She is largely responsible for building Duke's womens program into the name brand it is today. I don't know to what extent - if any - the rumors about her to TX affected last year's team in the NCAA tourney but even if it did, I'm sorry, we had a great, veteran team that was playing close to home - they should have taken care of business vs. Rutgers but...oh well. Besides, those rumors were out of her control. If you want to be mad at someone, how about Judy Condradt for announcing her retirement when she did and causing those rumors to start swirling in the first place?

I agree that I wish no ill will toward Gail. I have supported her from the beginning. She did what she had to do within the framework of her life. I respect her and her decision. I also strongly support Coach P.

As to Gino, if you take away the fact that he is with UCon, I kind of like the guy. He is a little irreverent (and so am I) and he freely speaks his mind. Very little coach-speak, very little BS, just his opinion. He appears very real, very approachable and seems to be someone that would be fun to spend an evening with.

Given the fact that it is Women's BB, I might even overlook the UCon connection...ehhhhh, NO!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

The way she walked off the court after their lost last year disgusted me. She turned heels and went in the tunnel solo, without the team. I knew then the discussion as to whether she would be going to Texas or not was moot, she had made up her mind. I wasn't there, but on TV it looked like a horrible display of sportsmanship. It has left a sour taste in my mouth since then.

good job ladies!

at least one duke basketball team can make it out of the first and second round way to go ladies! keep it up!

Yay

I'll be watching them the rest of the way. Unfortunately the only times I saw them them play this year they were getting their butts kicked by UNC or Maryland.

I saw Jasmin Thomas play all four years of her h.s. career. Not a bad freshman year, but shakier than I thought she would be.

Good luck ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    Well, I can think of ONE team...
    Man, when UConn and Carolina play, it makes me wish BOTH teams could lose.

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post

As for next year's recruits, I believe only Shay Selby was recruited by G.
    And Coach P, her staff and the players did a great job in keeping ehr interested after Coach G left

So cathartic to see this game, and to see the players SMILE. Like, you know, they were having FUN. I agree that these last two games have been the best I've seen this year. Chante Black was just steady and solid the whole game, and I think Abby didn't get credited with enough assists. She had some great passes and tips that kept the offense going after misses. Good effort on the boards, great to see Cheek stick with things after not contributing much the first half, and I love Jasmine Thomas' confidence and moves.

I'm curious about recruiting, too -- I asked here a couple of months ago if Coach P had any recruits, and I just got crickets. Not sure of that information.

The smiles WERE awfully nice! Earlier in the year the game seemed to be all work and no play for the ladies, but that has changed.

Also, it's too early to judge Joanne McCallie. But an Elite 8 or better would really be sending out the right signals to recruits. Personally, I have liked what I have seen from her so far.

Go Blue Devils!