Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Worst movie

Thumbs down I vaguely recall...

... a horrible early Ronnie Howard movie called "Eat My Dust."

Speed Zone! (a.k.a. Cannonball Run III) was a hideous late 80's sequel to the early 80's Cannonball Run II, which was a mediocre sequel to the 70's Cannonball Run.

Chitty! Chitty! Bang! Bang! (spelling?) was simply horrific.

Sheesh... I'm having bad flashbacks.

GASP: Just remembered ... Freddy Got Fingered (Tom Green). GASP!!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Last edited by Lavabe; 10-21-2008 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Tom Green

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY19945_5Zk

I'm telling everyone this is the worst ever.

I lost more than my 90 minutes per movie, Dragon Wars (D Wars) and Stardust cost me my right to even recommend a movie for consideration by the family. These movies looked good in the previews. Boy was I wrong.

Those movie were so bad that I don't even get to vote on what we see any more.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    i think i might be alone on this one, but little miss sunshine suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.
    i totally agree!!!!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Agreed. And I think we would also agree that Throaty is a bad person and, quite possibly, a Satanist.
    Thank you mods for combining the threads. Now that I look at it, my feelings for the geological disaster movies haven't changed one bit.

But a special thanks for combining threads so that we can revisit these pearls of wisdom from Billybreen.

Oh yeah ... The Island of Dr. Moreau.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Thank you mods for combining the threads. Now that I look at it, my feelings for the geological disaster movies haven't changed one bit.

But a special thanks for combining threads so that we can revisit these pearls of wisdom from Billybreen.

Oh yeah ... The Island of Dr. Moreau.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I almost freaked out when I saw a quote attributed to Sir Billy of Clan Breen. Then I realized that threads had been merged. Oh well, if I was excited for just that little moment today, well then it's a better day than yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I lost more than my 90 minutes per movie, Dragon Wars (D Wars) and Stardust cost me my right to even recommend a movie for consideration by the family. These movies looked good in the previews. Boy was I wrong.

Those movie were so bad that I don't even get to vote on what we see any more.
    Whooooaaaaa.

D Wars was a nightmare of horrible moviemaking (though if you had done a tiny bit of research on it you would have known that), but Stardust was a decent flick, maybe even a good one. Yeah, the story was obvious much of the time and it had more than a few moments of silliness that could have been dropped (all the stuff with the dead brothers ghosts), but it was an enjoyable moviegoing experience. My sons both liked it and I did too.

--Jason "Deniro had a lot of fun making that film, I think" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    ...D Wars was a nightmare of horrible moviemaking ...but Stardust was a decent flick, maybe even a good one. ... --Jason "Deniro had a lot of fun making that film, I think" Evans
    D Wars was SOOOOO bad, my sons were looking for a reason to turn against me upon my next recommendation.

I enjoyed De Niro greatly in Stardust, but by that point in the movie I knew it was too late. I blame the PR for Stardust for overselling the movie, for selling it as a "Pirates of the Caribbean" type action movie, when it was more of a fantasy/fairy tale. (No, I don't mean De Niro's role).

Bad?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Whooooaaaaa.

D Wars was a nightmare of horrible moviemaking (though if you had done a tiny bit of research on it you would have known that), but Stardust was a decent flick, maybe even a good one. Yeah, the story was obvious much of the time and it had more than a few moments of silliness that could have been dropped (all the stuff with the dead brothers ghosts), but it was an enjoyable moviegoing experience. My sons both liked it and I did too.

--Jason "Deniro had a lot of fun making that film, I think" Evans
    I agree. Can't see putting "Stardust" on a list with "Freddie Got Fingered", "Battlefield Earth" and "Biodome".

Natural Born Killers

I liked Stardust, as did my wife and my 5 year old son. My dad LOVED DeNiro in it. We bought it on DVD. The only real complaint I had about it is that some idiot reviewer called it "the new princess bride". Fun movie? Yes. Good movie? Probably. The new princess bride? A clue? No. That review inflated my expectations a little bit, but I got over it as soon as I stopped comparing the two.

Woah! Natural Born Killers? Really? I thought that movie was hysterical.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Haven't seen most of the movies metioned thus far which is good, but watched a truly awful movie, The Oxford Murders, on the train last week from Seville to Madrid. I had never heard of it before. Now I know why.

Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me

owns controlling interest in the HOOVER corporation...

Holy crap i just remembered one of the worst movies i ever saw!!

Bee Season.

horrible movie with the worst ending in movie history, it made no sense!!

I haven't seen anyone put Lions for Lambs in this list yet. Maybe it gets better after the first 20 or so minutes, but I'll never know as I walked out of the theater for the first time in 10+ years. Thankfully I hadn't paid for it, and hadn't walked far, so only wasted those 20 minutes. Too bad my wife had driven over to see it...

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Woah! Natural Born Killers? Really? I thought that movie was hysterical.
    That's the problem, it wasn't supposed to be hysterical.

Thumbs down Didn't see it in the cinema, but...

... I did waste some time watching on TV the movie Showgirls.

That was awful.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

the happening... terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    ... I did waste some time watching on TV the movie Showgirls.

That was awful.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    See, for me, Showgirls goes in the campy so-bad-it's-good category.

There seems to be a difference of opinion about the parameters in this discussion.

Some think it's just the worst stuff you've ever heard of. Others are going with the worst movies that other people like and take seriously for some reason. I went with the latter, becuase there's no real illumination taking place when someone says they though Howard the Duck was awful.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

A few unmentioned unmentionables

I concur with many mentioned above (such as American Beauty, The English Patient) and would add

Barton Fink
    Cocoon
    Clerks
    Rain Man
    Scent of a Woman (hoo-ahh!)
    Short Cuts
    Sleepless in Seattle
    Trail of the Pink Panther