Duke WBB vs. Arizona State

Notes on Duke:

Over the last three games, senior Wanisha Smith has averaged 15.0 points, 3.0 rebounds and 1.7 assists ... the Blue Devils are 18-1 this season when playing Tuesday through Saturday, but are 6-8 when playing on Sunday and Monday ... Chante Black leads Duke with 12 old-fashioned three-point plays ... Duke is 20-1 this season when outrebounding its opponent, while producing a 5-8 mark when being outrebounded ... over the last eight games, Abby Waner has dished out an average of 4.9 assists per game.
    The game tonight is on ESPN2 at 7:00.

Lets Go Duke!

Complete game on ESPNU

The whole game will also be broadcast nationwide on ESPNU tonight at 7 (just like the Murray State game was).
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

If Abby can find her shot, Duke may be a serious contender for the Final Four. The team really is starting to gel right now. They looked very strong late in the second half Sunday, even if it was Murray St.

Quote Originally Posted by godukerocks View Post
    If Abby can find her shot, Duke may be a serious contender for the Final Four. The team really is starting to gel right now. They looked very strong late in the second half Sunday, even if it was Murray St.
    Last year Abby was a shooting guard with a POY, 1st round draft pick playing the point and creating opportunities for her. I don't think Abby's problem is that she has "lost" her shot but she is trying to play point and create her own shots. this dual role is much harder especially with all of the responsibilities of playing point.

The up side is that she has expanded her role on the team avering 4.9 assists per game. She is truly an outstanding player!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    Last year Abby was a shooting guard with a POY, 1st round draft pick playing the point and creating opportunities for her. I don't think Abby's problem is that she has "lost" her shot but she is trying to play point and create her own shots. this dual role is much harder especially with all of the responsibilities of playing point.

The up side is that she has expanded her role on the team avering 4.9 assists per game. She is truly an outstanding player!
    A good point. Maybe next season, she will play more like the style of her sophmore year, with Jasmine Thomas having a year under her belt. But even this year, she has developed into an outstanding, all-around player.

Hmmm...ESPN says on the game preview page that it will be on ESPN2, but the TV listings simply say "NCAA Women's Basketball Championship" for that time slot; anybody know, is this going to be another of those "whip-around" (i.e. we're showing every game but the one you want to see) coverage deals? We, unfortunately, don't get ESPNU to be guaranteed the game.

Whiparound on ESPN2SD unless you are in a protected market (NC and Arizona).

They show the "game of national interest" -- but don't tell you what it is on ESPN2HD. (But it won't be us, because we are on the U).

And they show the entire Duke-ASU game on ESPNU.

Here are the coverage maps for ESPN2SD:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/ncaato...?page=maps0325
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post

They show the "game of national interest" -- but don't tell you what it is on ESPN2HD. (But it won't be us, because we are on the U).

Here are the coverage maps for ESPN2SD:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/ncaato...?page=maps0325
    They lose me as a viewer when they do this. I am in a black area.

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post

Yarrr, that's exactly what I was afraid of, though also pretty much what I expected. Darn you, ESPN! *shakes fist*

You might check online to see if you get ESPN360. You can get the game there, depending on your provider.

Survive and advance!

Back to the sweet 16!

The WBB just beat ASU - 67 to 59 to move on to the Sweet 16. Congratulations! I believe Chante Black was the player of the game.

(I love the internet - ESPN360 let me keep an eye on the game at work. )

Congrats to the women on their 11th straight Sweet 16.

I know nothing about Texas A&M though. Does anyone else?

We actually got the game, but I missed most of the first half because I stupidly didn't set the TiVo just in case, and lost track of time until 8:00. Still, great game! Go Blue Devils!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Looked very poised

I thought the team looked great, the best 2 games in a row they've played in a while. The regional will be tough, but if they keep playing the game they did this week, they can do well. GO DEVILS!

P.S. I enjoyed watching coach G's Texas get the snot beat out of them. HA!