Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

I just have one question

now that the obligatory two days of depression are over, happens every year after the last game, even to a small degree when we win the whole thing . . .

When does baseball start?

Hey, for Sox and A's fans - tomorrow! WooHoo! Go Sox!

And to be kind to the rest of you around here, Go O's and Go Braves too. Come October I won't be rooting for you unless the Sox aren't there but it's March and I can be generous. Sorry Ozzie, I can't be THAT generous.

GO

That said, dont forget that we are in the midst of a GREAT golf season, and an even better NASCAR season - no shortage of excitement for the next few months!!!
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    That said, dont forget that we are in the midst of a GREAT golf season
    Agree on the golf. Also, this is one of the most exciting NBA seasons in recent memory, especially out west where Shane and Boozer are both prominently featured on contenders.

And let's not forget, the Duke women are still playing.

Right now, I am a HUGE Washington State fan!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Hate this time of year

Even when the men/women go all the way, after their last games I'm in a funk. I'm not a baseball fan, so I can only wait for football season to start. I need a summer hibernation.

Go Ladies, keep me out of hibernation a little longer!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    And let's not forget, the Duke women are still playing.

Right now, I am a HUGE Washington State fan!
    Right now, I am a huge UGA Women's BBall fan. Everyone on the board should be.

9F!!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Who can forget about European football (soccer)? The Premeirship is in the final nine games and FA Cups finals are approaching and Champions League Quarters.

I know most of you dont care but are their any other Euro football fans on the board?? ForeverBlowingBubbles I'm guessing supporrts the Hammers.

Wimbledon will be on in June/July... other than that, summer is usually a long, bleak desert devoid of sports entertainment. (I do not count our local papers' obsession with football practices as "sports")

This year however, we have - the Olympics!! We're saved!

Tour de France is coming up. That is, if there are any cyclists left that haven't been banned for doping.

(The Giro d'Italia is better, but same problem).

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Sorry Ozzie, I can't be THAT generous.
    LOL! I have a very good friend who lives up your way, and she's a Kentucky fan on top of being a Red Sox fan. But we have our hate of carolina in common, so we're good, and you're a Duke fan so you're golden in my eyes.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Mixed Feelings

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Tour de France is coming up. That is, if there are any cyclists left that haven't been banned for doping.

(The Giro d'Italia is better, but same problem).
    I'm looking forward to all cycling, but regret that Astana won't be at Le Tour de France. If they are kicking out a team because of doping events that happened during last year's Tour, they should kick out all of the teams that had doping issues last year. (Rabobank, High Road, etc.)

I'll still watch it.

Smile You'll never walk alone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben63 View Post
    Who can forget about European football (soccer)? The Premeirship is in the final nine games and FA Cups finals are approaching and Champions League Quarters.

I know most of you dont care but are their any other Euro football fans on the board?? ForeverBlowingBubbles I'm guessing supporrts the Hammers.
    Sadly (well, at least on Sunday), Liverpool fan here. As Chapaheeya is to Clemson, so is Old Trafford to Liverpool (3-0 drubbing Sunday). So long as they win the Merseyside Derby on Sunday, I think they'll hold down a top 4 position for the year. Then they must win in UEFA, and HOPEFULLY get new owners.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

excellent. I was wondering when someone would talk about a sport instead of dudes playing with sticks. It's funny. The way that many sportscasters feel about soccer, I feel about baseball and golf - they bore me to death. I just don't get the enjoyment.

Don't forget

Spring practice has begun and our spring scrimmage will be April 19, 1:00P! I plan to be there along with some others who sit together during the regular season. We've been discussing our lunch plans ... might be a tailgate event depending on the weather.

Go Duke!

Yeahhhh well... I've had a bunch of the British kids here giving me crap at uncw for pullin for West Ham...

This might be fun...

I might give this one a whirl.......check it out

http://elephantpolo.com/

Unhappy The OTHER sport

Now that I look back at BostonDevil's opening line:
    I just have one question
    Isn't the proper response:
    Are you ready for some football?

If that's the case, no I'm not. I live in Atlanta. We have the Failcons, the NFL's third pick in the draft.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm looking forward to all cycling, but regret that Astana won't be at Le Tour de France. If they are kicking out a team because of doping events that happened during last year's Tour, they should kick out all of the teams that had doping issues last year. (Rabobank, High Road, etc.)

I'll still watch it.
    I'll watch anything with Bob Roll.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My three year-old crawled into bed with me at 5:30 this morning. I couldn't get back to sleep right away so I went downstairs in time to see the first pitch at approximately 6:05am. Sox are 1-0 baby!

I went back to sleep until the 4th inning, watched the 5th and 6th then went to work. Happy to see the Sox won it in 10 and that Manny is still Manny. I don't think he's a bad as say Barry Bonds but somehow I suspect you have to be a Sox fan to love Manny Ramirez.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I'll watch anything with Bob Roll.
    And there is always Phil & Paul bingo. A few years ago I was watching a local criterium with varying age groups and the announcers were channeling Phil & Paul - they were especially fun during the tricycle race of approximately 100 yards.